401 Error he server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested

Here’s the actual error message.

Response code: 401 Response :{“errors”:[{“code”:1,“code_name”:“Unauthorized”,“detail”:“The server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required.”,“id”:“5373579b-6699-40ad-9c9d-210104de4d17”,“status”:“401”,“title”:“Unauthorized”}]}
I’ve deactivated & deleted the WP plugin. Deleted the API on Patreon and still getting this error. My money says there is a setting somewhere that I cannot find to update this user id / pwd.

I don’t trust 3 year old support topics as updates are available.

Thank you kindly!

Very likely that your WP installation is marked as v1, and for that reason it requires a v1 client. This is why the setup wizard is not working because its set up to work with v2.

Something to address this will go out with the new version today or early next week. But i will soon provide you an early package so you can connect your site. I’ll post the package at dropbox and update this thread.

An updated package of 1.4.8 with a change to reset api version when setup is started:

You can just delete your existing PW, upload and activate this and attempt to restart setup by clicking ‘Connect’ at ‘Patreon Settings’ menu. When 1.4.9 is out, you can just upgrade to it via your plugin admin.

If you’d prefer to get it from github, here is the branch: