Getting a CAPTCHA on the API authorize URL

Hi @Jackie_Bow I’m traveling in Las Palmas, Spain. Unfortunately, I don’t have a static IP address right now. But my end goal here is not to get the request working on my machine (that’s just so I can debug the problem). My end goal is to set up an OAuth connection between Patreon and Auth0, but I was having trouble getting it to work.

I figured it out today, and it looks like there were a few problems. Posting my solution here in case anyone else needs it.

I had to fill out Auth0’s Custom Social Connection form like this:

The first thing I was missing were the Custom Headers, since that isn’t mentioned in the Patreon documentation. This is the value I used;

{
 "Content-Type" : "application/x-www-form-urlencoded",
 "User-Agent" : "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_3) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/44.0.2403.89 Safari/537.36"
}

When I did that, I started getting the following error;

{"error":"invalid_request","error_description":"Mismatching redirect URI.","state":"xxxxxx"}

So I realized that in order to get a Patreon client to authenticate correctly with Auth0, I need to add Auth0’s redirect URL to my Patreon client: https://{my-auth0-subdomain}.auth0.com/login/callback

This gets me to the Patreon confirmation dialog, and redirects back to Auth0, but then I see the following error in Auth0, so it looks like something is still wrong;

{
  "statusCode": 403,
  "data": "{\"error\":\"invalid_grant\",\"error_description\":\"Invalid authorization code\"}"
}
1 Like