Fetch user data after Logging-in [Basic Help on PatreonAPI for a newbie]

Hello there! :wave:
I’m new to Patreon API, and I want to implement a system that checks if user is a patron of x project, then unlock exclusive features.

Just yesterday, I successfully implemented an Auth2.0 that lets people login throughout with Patreon, but I think I’m using the “access_token” wrong because, when the user login and my web gets the access token from the url parameters, I didn’t know what to do then.

I tried the following url using the parameter I got from the successful login:

https://www.patreon.com/api/oauth2/api/current_user?access_token=tf1MQLAiyJysz5xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

but I get the same error no matter what the access token is:

{"errors":[{"code":1,"code_name":"Unauthorized","detail":"The server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.","id":"8b0e408a-8775-4193-afb5-ffb95f71d9f9","status":"401","title":"Unauthorized"}]}

Please help, I think I’m just not using the right url from what is supposed to fetch the user data.
`

Thats the authorization code, not the access token which you got in the url. That is used to call the api to get the actual tokens.

Check out PHP lib. It has working examples. The example down below in the readme should help. You could adopt its logic to your own language: