Getting a CAPTCHA on the API authorize URL

I’m sorry, I don’t understand. I’m telling you that I’m making a request exactly like what is in the readme and that I’m getting a CAPTCHA, so something about the readme seems to be wrong, or I’m misreading it. How is reverse-engineering the same request from the PHP lib’s example going to help me make the request? I’m trying to make this request in a REST client to confirm that it’s working (it’s not), and then when I have a working request I’m trying to get it to work in as a Custom Social Extension in Auth0, which uses JavaScript. I tried to get it working in Auth0 already, but I get an error that just says “invalid_connection”, which is why I’m trying it in a REST client.

It looks like someone else had a similar problem with no resolution.

Anyway, to restate the problem in different terms, when I try to make the following curl request to the documented oauth authorization endpoint:

curl --request GET \
  --url 'https://www.patreon.com/oauth2/authorize?response_type=code&client_id=my-client-id&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fmywebsite.com' \
  --header 'content-type: application/json' \
  --header 'user-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_3) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/44.0.2403.89 Safari/537.36'

It doesn’t work, and I get the following response in the terminal:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
<title>Redirecting...</title>
<h1>Redirecting...</h1>
<p>You should be redirected automatically to target URL: <a href="/login?ru=%2Foauth2%2Fauthorize%3Fresponse_type%3Dcode%26cl
ient_id...">/login?ru=%2Foauth2%2Fauthorize%3Fresponse_type%3Dcode%26client_id...</a>.  If not click the link.

Maybe this is an issue with CloudFlare? If the API is behind CloudFlare maybe there is something about this request that’s being flagged as suspicious? I tried with a VPN and without, I tried with the client_secret and without, I tried various User-Agent strings, I’ve tried every combination I can think of. Can you please take a look at this curl request and tell me if you see anything wrong there? If not, maybe the issue is with CloudFlare?