Webhooks SSL Root-Certificates

As noted in a post in January which i havent recieved any more detailed response i still have problems with the Patreon Webhooks.

Earlier Post: Webhooks: Accept Let's Encrypt Certificates

Since noone responded and i really need the webhooks integration, I decided to get a RapidSSL certificate instead of a Let’s encrypt one, however the test platform still gives me certificate invalid errors.

Dear patreon server admins:
Please add Let’s encrypt and DigiCerts Root CA’s to your trusted list (or allow unsecure requests)

It’s really important to get this running for me.

Images of cert / errors

regards, jan

Are you sure that the problem isn’t to do with your server configuration? I’m using a Let’s Encrypt certificate for my webhooks and I have no problems.

Run a test on your SSL configuration to identify any issues: SSL Server Test (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs)

Actually, I found your domain in your screenshot and looked at the SSL Labs test for your domain and it’s showing that your SSL configuration is incomplete. You need to resolve that issue: this problem isn’t specific to Patreon, there’ll be other clients having issues accessing your site over HTTPS.

You can compare my correctly configured Let’s Encrypt site result (which Patreon communicates with successfully) here: SSL Server Test: patreon.1f991.com (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs)

Note that yours is showing an error:

This server’s certificate chain is incomplete.

Here’s a relevant link:

https://community.qualys.com/thread/16844-this-servers-certificate-chain-is-incomplete-grade-capped-to-b

Yes. You should deploy with a correct certificate the chain. The fact that you’re not experiencing problems doesn’t mean that others won’t.

1 Like

Hey Sam,

really sorry for being so mad. Really appreciate your help, it’s working now.

Chrome and Firefox never showed any problems.
However; Now I see the problem. :slight_smile:

Thanks again, you’re the best,
best regards, jan