Can Payment be Split and Question About Adult Content

Hello,

My friend and I are almost ready to launch a journalistic website and corresponding Patreon to support it. I have two specific questions:

1. Does Patreon facilitate automatic payment to more than one person per account? My buddy and I would like Patreon to divide and deposit any of the funds we receive evenly so that money is never intentionally or accidentally tampered with. This seems to me a reasonable feature for such a popular site that supports so many creators. I just can’t find or don’t know how to do it.

2. Does verbal profanity, such as your standard curse words, on our personal site mean we have to label our Patreon page as “Adult Content?” To clarify, we would ensure nothing on the Patreon page itself was questionable, but would there be a problem if the Patreon page, not labeled Adult Content, referred patrons to our website that contained a curse word or two?

I appreciate your time in responding to these questions. They are very important to us before we get up and running.

Thank you!

Hey @TheDebuff,
In general, these questions are better asked through our support ticketing system https://patreon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us . This forum is for people using the Patreon API to build applications.

The answer to both of your questions is no. We don’t yet support payout to multiple individuals and curse words do not make your content “NSFW” or “Adult”. Those distinctions are for nudity.

Thanks for asking,
-Spencer