Error in oauth2 authentication

So I’m trying to write a driver for league’s oauth2 client, I run into an issue however:

The server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

I’m running Laravel Valet under the domains (flarum.dev or flarum.d), having set up a client in the developer portal everything is working fine until I accept the request by the app to access my account. The response from the Patreon server is the above one. It’s pretty vague and I haven’t found any cause (on the internet) yet.

Hey @luceos!

As you can see in the docs (https://docs.patreon.com/#step-2-making-the-log-in-button), the log in button should actually be a normal GET where as your form uses a POST. Hopefully that gets you a bit closer to the solution!

Hello @telaviv,

That form is the one by patreon.com itself, after having been redirected by the app …

Fixed, wrong api endpoint.

@luceos thanks for following up! Do you think we could’ve made for better docs or highlighted this to save others the same confusion? Any recommendations?

It was my own fault in the end. I looked at the laravel/socialite driver for patreon.

Gotcha. Did that driver help or confuse?

The laravel/socialte driver uses endpoints like api.patreon.com whereas the docs obviously state www.patreon.com/api etc. So that was my fault.