How to maintain Zapier filter when enabling annual pledge option

Hello,

This is my first post here, so my apologies if I’ve not put it together well. I contacted Patreon support about this and they directed me here. I’m hoping someone will have an answer.

I’m wanting to enable the annual pledge option on my patreon, but currently rely on Zapier to send automated welcome emails that are tier-specific.

The way I’ve been able to do this relies on the “amount” sent from Patreon’s API. I’m unclear how to maintain this when enabling annual option as then I assume the “amount” would be much higher and thus send the wrong tier welcoming email.

Example:

Currently, for my tier that is $10, I have the Zap proceed ONLY if the “Amount dollars” is more than $9.99 but less than $15 (my next tier).

If I set up annual (and for simplicity of this example, without a discount), then the $10 tier person would be charged $120, and thus Zapier would send a welcome email for my HIGHEST tier instead of the $10 tier.

As I don’t have annual enabled yet, I can’t see what additional information MAY be sent to Zapier. I’m hoping to find out if there will be any markers for annual/monthly I could use to properly filter the actions on Zapier.

Because I can’t know this unless I enable annual, I’m unable to proceed.

I hope this makes sense. I’ve made a screencast here to hopefully better illustrate.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Zapier seems to be fairly good at hiding relevant info, found nothing on the fields for each trigger. My guess would be that you could change the trigger to ‘New Member’ and then get the tier name that member is subscribed to in the fields that particular trigger provides. Sorry for the shot in the dark guess, I don’t use Zapier

If Zapier allows checking for only the tier amount, then this is a bit problematic indeed. What needs to be checked is pledge_cadence value that is in the member’s info.

You can contact Zapier to ask whether they can access this value and they support it. That could clear up things.

Thank you for the reply. Sory for the delay. I didn’t get an email notification at all that anyone has responded!

I don’t know if Zapier does already get that value or not. I couldn’t get clarity from Patreon support on what value even would dictate annual vs. monthly.

Do you have an example of what the pledge_cadence values wold be? Or where in the Patreon documentation (if anywhere) that’s made clear? That would be helpful when reaching out to Zapier, though I wonder if they’ll throw it back to Patreon.

Also, my Zap is triggered on the " New Pledge in Patreon" information, not the member information. But I would think, if anywhere, the monthly/annual would be in the pledge data as patrons can have different cadences for different creators. So I’d think it would be pledge-specific.

As it stands, there is nothing in the data set that shows cadence. BUT I also don’t know if that would “appear” if I were to enable annual option. But I can’t know without enabling, which I don’t want to do if I can’t have the Zap set up correctly.

Thank you again

Apologies for a re-reply. I contacted Zapier and all they said was confirming they don’t see that value, essentially.

Looking into the API docs, I only see it in the “member” data, BUT it doesn’t look like it’s even available in the existing “endpoint” for members.

I have used Integromat (Now “Make” I think?) before, and unlike Zapier, you can do an action of “Get A Member”, but even in that JSON, there is no “pledge_cadence”.

So I can’t seem to find any way to actually GET the “pledge_cadence”.

It seems a very important thing to be able to distinguish annual from monthly. I can’t enable annual unless I can do so.

Would really appreciate any further guidance. Thank you!

Looking into the API docs, I only see it in the “member” data, BUT it doesn’t look like it’s even available in the existing “endpoint” for members.

The field must be specifically requested in the member fields:

https://docs.patreon.com/#member