It would be nice if

° we could pick which members can access to posts without using patreon so we can also give them other alternatives to subscribe.
° If the patreon API could import more info about patrons like: full username and avatars.
° If we could customize “unlock with patreon” buttons so they can redirect patrons to certain pages.
°If patreon API could update members info periodically if they change usernames, avatars and/or emails.

2 Likes

If we could customize “unlock with patreon” buttons so they can redirect patrons to certain pages.

Ooo! Interesting - can you outline a specific use case you have in mind? cc @spencerhandley is interested in this too

If patreon API could update members info periodically if they change usernames, avatars and/or emails.

Do you mean in webhooks? That’s interesting - would love to hear more

we could pick which members can access to posts without using patreon so we can also give them other alternatives to subscribe.

Do you mean on Patreon or on the Wordpress plugin?

Thanks for jumping in to give us feedback!

Instead of going to a page to click the “unlock with patreon” button, we can put buttons directly in the front page and redirect users to the content of the reward they picked.

I mean, if we could personally pick members that want to use another method of payment so they’re not limited to open a patreon account in order to access to posts. If someone prefers to use paypal, credit card, promotion codes, ect to access to patreon posts, just go to the members page and then, disable patreon plugin for that specific member.

I’m not pretty much tech savvy so i can’t help but posting some ideas i guess!

1 Like

This is something that I would like. For a situation like so: Say we have a site that gives out some sort of rewards for creators, to their patrons. A Creator that has authorized the app could set it up so that they could have a custom URL, similar to their patreon url, like so:
Patreon.com/Username => CustomApp.com/Username OR username.CustomApp.com

Something like this could really use some webhooks, as these custom urls could get really screwey if the patreon user changes their name.

Alternatively, an API endpoint that lets us lookup a Patreon User ID via the vanity url would be a good alternative to this. I have a script that does this for me, by looking through the target url’s source for the user ID, but it’s not ideal, and not very efficient.

1 Like