Patreon WordPress is now compatible with Paid Memberships Pro

They are just doing annual memberships on my site using PMP. I’d love to convert my patreon users over to such but I’m honestly afraid of losing them.

Using total historical pledge option in advanced part of the Patreon Level locking metabox, you can allow any patron who paid $x up till date to access the post. This would simulate annual membership.

How would that interact with pmp?

At this moment, your Patreon users would just be able to unlock the content if they have enough historic pledge - like how PMP users with annual subscription can.

Hi everyone,

I have been reading this Forum for a while, and I have fixed numerous problems in my website thanks to the great advice here, so I would like thank everyone!

My question with this integration is to do with currency. My Patreon account is in Dollars, and I am from the UK, which means i get hit by massive exchange fees from the Payoneer payout method. I don’t want to unlaunch my page, to change it to £ and then relaunch as I am worried about losing patrons.

So i’m wondering if I can use PM and Patron on the website, but the catch being Patreon is operating in $ and PM pro is in £GPB.

Memberships would be the same number, but different currencies. It would give new members the option to sign up for the website in £ or $ on Patreon.

Thanks for your time.

Lloyd

More currencies should be available for new creators right now, and for existing creators in later half of 2020 according to below article:

Patreon plugins for WP already support multiple currencies. If you launched your page before February 11 2020 then, all you need to do is to just wait until multiple currencies are available for you.

Thanks for you quick reply! I’ll wait for them to roll out multiple currencies.

1 Like

Does this issue still persist?

OK now I understand this. So if I set this threshold to being just below my patreon average bid, it would then let those people in to see the protected pages whether they have an account in paidmembershipspro or not? Correct?

Yes it should. They have to have an active membership in any given tier at Patreon too though.

is this Pro version or base free version? What you said at the top of this thread wasn’t clear to me.

The PMP compatibility is present in Patreon Wordpress, and additionally present in Patron Pro. So you can use the base plugin and/or the Pro addon.

Hi LKL (and others on the thread) I’m interested in phasing out PMP in favour of Patreon. I’ll have legacy uses with PMP memberships. Could you send me a link or a screenshot of what users see at login? I’m interested in how to present two seperate logins

Hi Katie, here you go:

snap-03

2 Likes

Note to self, use the ptrn/override_interface_template filter documented in Patreon WordPress Filters to override the default Patron login screen.

1 Like

Sorry for confusion @katiedev - that screenshot is just the regular WP log in:

/wp-login.php?jetpack-sso-show-default-form=1

My locked pages look like this:

I’m doing the opposite of you - phasing out Patreon in favor of PMP, and have edited patreon.php to achieve this minimalism.

1 Like

Any reason you are phasing out Patreon in favor of PMP?

@lkl , did you use ptrn/override_interface_template in order to create that log-in?

If you are able to share any additional detail on how you set that up, I’d appreciate it, as I am trying to create a UX that supports both “Login with Patreon” and PMP users.