API suggestions for Pledge and Benefit tracking

There has been previous discussion by the Patreon development team on this forum about expanding the payment data available through the API. You can read How to determine if a patron has been successfully charged? to learn more about how to determine if a payment has been received, and mention of their future plans. There’s also How does the Patreon system work? Decline payments, outstanding amounts etc which covers more information about how the Patreon system works that you may find helpful.

Regarding is_paused in the Java library: the Patreon API requires that if you specify an optional property to be returned (e.g: is_paused) then you must specify all properties that you’d like to be returned (more info in this post) however as far as I can tell, the Java library does this as of version 0.4.0 (which is mentioned in this issue) – are you using 0.4.0 of the Patreon Java library? You can see in the PatreonAPI test that optional fields are included along side default fields as of 0.4.0. Although, I am not a java dev, so maybe I’m missing something there.

Based on the linked posts and the timelines provided, I’m guessing that the Patreon platform team have been delayed in introducing payment data to the API but maybe they’ll be able to provide an updated timeline in this thread.