Although I’m familiar with how Patreon works in general, there are some specifics of the system that I am unclear on. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
- If a reward requires shipping is an address mandatory, or can there be cases where a user chooses a reward that includes a physical component but does not provide their address?
is_pausedpledges count towards the
user_limit, or does a user relinquish their reward when they pause? or can the number of patrons exceed the user_limit if a payment is declined then resumed by fixing billing details?
- Does a pledge that has been
declined_sincecontinue to gather an outstanding amount? e.g: If I pledge $5 per month and my payment is declined this month, will my outstanding balance be $5 until the charge succeeds or will it grow by $5 each month?
- How often are declined payments retried?
- Is there any circumstance in which pledges are automatically deleted?
patron_pays_feesever equal true, or is this a legacy/unimplemented feature?
pledge_cap_centsrefer to the cap a patron can set for per post campaign types?
- Do payment declined pledges count towards the
user_limit, or does a user relinquish their reward when their payment is declined?
- What does the
outstanding_payment_amount_centsvalue on the Campaign resource represent?
- What pledge values make up the
pledge_sumvalue on a Campaign resource? Does this exclude declined pledges?