Can we use API to create simple posts?

I saw many feature requests. But can we use API to create a simple post (can also select tiers) on Patreon now?

4 Likes

Unfortunately the api does not publicly support write operations yet.

Is this likely to happen?
We give patrons early access to content on our website and I’d like to be able to notify patrons of this automatically when it happens by creating a post via the Patreon API.

1 Like

If you are syncing your posts from Patreon to your site, (like the WP plugin does), you can do that by having a notification plugin at your WP site and then posting a post at Patreon. The post will be synced to your site, which will notify users when post is published. However if you want to notify all patrons, you may need to sync all of their accounts to your site (or Mailchimp etc)

No, we’re not syncing posts from Patreon to my site. We’re using the API to match email addresses and automatically promote members of my site if they are patrons.
My site is AVForums.com and I when we publish content (news, review or article) which is patrons have early access to, I want to automatically create a post on Patreon to let our patrons know about it.

1 Like

Ah, that. Currently the public api does not provide write operations, so that’s not possible. The other way is possible, however - you can post at Patreon and get it automatically synced to your site.

Any update on this? I’m looking to post Python output to Patreon automatically. Anyone know of a site similar to Patreon that allows me to do this?

1 Like

There still isnt any change regarding this - posts can be synced from Patreon to your app.

Looking forward to having this feature implemented as well!

3 Likes

Me too. I have 100+ links to post, and I don’t want to do that manually…

2 Likes

It’s quite outrageous that this still isn’t available…

2 Likes

I would also be very happy if this is possible, then I would not have to upload all my pictures manually. An API to create simple posts would make handling my Patrion account a lot easier

2 Likes

Is this at least in the plans to be created any time soon? It’s difficult to make a useful web app for creators using only GETs. I really need to be able to create posts as well as read them.

2 Likes

I need this feature too.
I’m implementing a post system where is want to mirror my website post on Patreon and would like to programatically create a Patreon post.

1 Like

Would love to have this feature as well!
I’m prototyping an app on which users can post to multiple platforms at the same time, and Patreon is on the list.

1 Like

I also would love to have this feature, I want to upload images via API to my patreon page.