Content Not Properly Locking

Hi! I set my page to lock the content with my lowest patreon tier and I could only get it to actually lock if I also added password protection. When I have patreon limit turned on, but no password protection (what I have currently) the patreon locked content with an invite to join my patreon shows up under all of the content. I provided a link to the page I am trying to lock below. I have also added the php coding you suggested on other forumns and I am not able to get that to work either. I am getting errors and I have copied those below the link to the page (only copied a few cause they are all the same). Thanks!

==============================
0.01 days ago

Response code: 401 Response :{ā€œerrorsā€:[{ā€œcodeā€:1,ā€œcode_nameā€:ā€œUnauthorizedā€,ā€œdetailā€:ā€œThe server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesnā€™t understand how to supply the credentials required.ā€,ā€œidā€:ā€œ025eb0e1-59b4-42bd-92b3-6f7dcedf277cā€,ā€œstatusā€:ā€œ401ā€,ā€œtitleā€:ā€œUnauthorizedā€}]}

0.66 days ago

Response code: 204 Response :

0.66 days ago

Response code: 400 Response :{ā€œerrorsā€:[{ā€œcodeā€:null,ā€œcode_nameā€:ā€œDuplicateEntityā€,ā€œdetailā€:ā€œExisting client for user and parent clientā€,ā€œidā€:ā€œ474dccde-6738-4cc0-9e09-af72904e404dā€,ā€œstatusā€:ā€œ400ā€,ā€œtitleā€:ā€œDuplicate entityā€}]}

0.66 days ago

0.66 days ago

Response code: 401 Response :{ā€œerrorā€: ā€œinvalid_grantā€}

0.66 days ago

0.67 days ago

0.67 days ago

0.67 days ago

Response code: 401 Response :{ā€œerrorsā€:[{ā€œcodeā€:1,ā€œcode_nameā€:ā€œUnauthorizedā€,ā€œdetailā€:ā€œThe server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesnā€™t understand how to supply the credentials required.ā€,ā€œidā€:ā€œ5f72d47c-7d83-40a5-8631-9d4eba58c185ā€,ā€œstatusā€:ā€œ401ā€,ā€œtitleā€:ā€œUnauthorizedā€}]}

0.67 days ago

0.67 days ago

0.67 days ago

Response code: 401 Response :{ā€œerrorsā€:[{ā€œcodeā€:1,ā€œcode_nameā€:ā€œUnauthorizedā€,ā€œdetailā€:ā€œThe server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesnā€™t understand how to supply the credentials required.ā€,ā€œidā€:ā€œeed3681b-96da-41d2-b88a-bc62aeaf3849ā€,ā€œstatusā€:ā€œ401ā€,ā€œtitleā€:ā€œUnauthorizedā€}]}

Can you follow this tutorial to disconnect your site from Patreon and reconnect it and see if it fixes the issue?

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response! I will try that right now :slight_smile:

Ok I did that and still no luck. And it is showing I used API V2. Whatā€™s weird is if I turn on password protect for the page, then the patreon thing worksā€¦ but then after they connect with patreon they then have to enter a password. I am going to turn password protect back on for the moment.

Here are the most recent errors.

0 days ago

0 days ago

Response code: 400 Response :{ā€œerrorsā€:[{ā€œcodeā€:null,ā€œcode_nameā€:ā€œDuplicateEntityā€,ā€œdetailā€:ā€œExisting client for user and parent clientā€,ā€œidā€:ā€œ8381be3c-f23d-4df7-a5d3-af2d3531848aā€,ā€œstatusā€:ā€œ400ā€,ā€œtitleā€:ā€œDuplicate entityā€}]}

0 days ago

Can you try clearing all your cookies from your web browser (or only that domainā€™s cookies using Web Developer extension etc), and retry.

There seems to be something installed at your site which interferes with things.

But, it can also be your cache - caching plugins, opcache or other server side caching may interfere with the process and show gated/ungated versions of the content.

Yea I tried that and also tried different web browsers in addition to having my patreons test itā€¦ I donā€™t have any cache plugins.

I donā€™t think I installed that php coding properly though so I might try that next. It is just this one page I need to block. If I install that coding will that override everything else and hopefully fix the issue? I ask cause I have to install a php plugin in order to add this.

Update! I installed XYZ php code plug in and added the snippet, put the html of the page in between, and then added the php short code to my page. Working great now! If you go this route, you need to not enable the patreon restriction on the right, otherwise u will get two unlock content blocks on the page.

1 Like

Yeah, the lock box on the right locks the entire page. If you lock partial content, that must not be on.

hi codebard, I am currently updating my entire site with the plan to host more patreon exclusive content on my webpage. I am still having to use the php snippet workaround which is not ideal. I would love to use all your features including some advertised by upgrading to pro. Is there any way I can trial the pro version on a demo site to see if it works properly? if the features donā€™t work properly, then there is really no benefit for me.

thanks!

There is a live demo site here:

https://patron-plugin-pro-demo.codebard.com/

But you cant particularly use it as an admin.

I dont know which php code you are using and for what. If you are using the PHP code provided to gate different parts of your site than your post content, thatā€™s not something we can change due to the nature of WP.

I responded to my old thread from a year ago where you initially tried to help me so you would have some connection/history. Your plugin does not work with my theme, so I had to make a snippet of PHP coding in order for it to accurately gate patrons (see initial post). The live demo site wonā€™t tell me if it works with my theme. I would suggest removing the feature you say on your website that ā€œit works with every themeā€ because it doesnt. And it is a bummer you donā€™t offer trials for you pro version because I wonā€™t purchase unless I can verify it will actually work properly - the live demo doesnā€™t do me any good.

If your theme is coded properly with WP standards, it should work. The major catch is it has to use the_content filter for the post content. If it doesnt, there is nothing we can do to make your theme work other than providing custom code. There is a custom code which can be used for Patron Pro for these purposes too.

However if your theme is not using the_content filter, i would recommend you look into that before trying out any of the plugins. Not using the_content filter would break a lot of other plugins at wp repo.

I feel like an idiot. I just realized a year later that your plugin is Patreon Proā€¦ NOT the patreon standard plugin. So that is totally my fault. I did change my theme from an old one to using the more widely used elementor. Hoping that integrates nicely with your plugin! Thanks!

1 Like

Elementor based themes should apply the_content properly. You shouldnt have any problem with any theme that applies the_content to post content.