Is Patreon+Wordpress+Social possible?

Has anyone figured out a painless way to integrate Patreon + Wordpress Accounts + Social login?

Currently using WP-Members for access to premium posts, hoping to use Patreon for paid memberships, but don’t want to drop convenience of social for collecting email subscribers since few have Patreon.

Thanks!

Well, your requirements are a bit varied.

Patreon WordPress already acts as a social login for Patreon users, who can just log in to your site via Patreon. If they have their email confirmed, their email will be saved in their account at your site as well.

However, naturally, PW wont help you collect the emails of your users from other venues like Twitter, Facebook etc.For that you would need to have those users log in via those services.

If you are going to lock content differently - ie, lock some with WP Members and some other content with Patreon - you can have both of the plugins installed and running at the same time. That way you can both cater to normal social network members, and also Patreon members.

Thanks for you reply.

So as I understand it, Patreon will do a Wordpress Login for its own members and transmit the email address/name to the Wordpress database (or link to an existing WP account, if it exists). Correct?

What I was envisioning was not having 3 plugins for this (2 membership plugins + social login) in favor of either:

• One plugin solution: using only Patreon’s plugin and free membership tier with integrated social signup/signon (as some other member plugins have)
  • Two Plugin: Patreon plugin + Social plugin, sans WP-Member

Thats right.

• One plugin solution : using only Patreon’s plugin and free membership tier with integrated social signup/signon (as some other member plugins have)
  • Two Plugin : Patreon plugin + Social plugin, sans WP-Member

There must be a way or Patreon plugin to know i someone is your paying member. That cannot happen without that person logging in via Patreon to your site.

Those who logged in via social login, but did not link their account at your site via Patreon wont be recognized as patrons.

But, if they login to your website via social login, then link their Patreon account by logging via Patreon as well, then the system will work.