Locked content not available

I was hoping to launch my site today, and after experiencing no Wordpress-Patreon plugin problems up to now, I thought it would be a formality to set up a test Patron and ensure that it could access the locked content.

Unfortunately not. The content remains locked. The Unlock with Patreon page continually appears. I can login successfully with the new account, but it never unlocks the content.

Looking at the JavaScript console, there is an error:

?v=2.0:16 WebSocket connection to ‘wss://public-api.wordpress.com/pinghub/wpcom/me/newest-note-data’ failed:

Obviously, I can view the content as Admin, in which case this error does not occur. I need to get this fixed. Any help please!

WP 5.9.1 with PHP 7.4.28
Patreon WordPress 1.8.2 with API v2

One more thing: After pressing the Unlock button, when the user presses the Allow button on the permissions page, the following JavaScript console warning msg appears:

tags.js:2 Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) blocked cross-origin response https://api-js.datadome.co/js/ with MIME type application/json. See Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) - Chrome Platform Status for more details.

It doesnt look like those cross origin errors and api errors are related to Patreon or the plugin.

Do you have caching plugins at your site? Or server-side caching at your host? Also Cloudflare with always on etc?

Yes, I’ve flushed both the Wordpress and Siteground caches. No change.

I just saw the Health Check option. Apparently, my integration health is “great”, despite it not working at all. There are connection errors from earlier today as well as a couple of weeks ago, but there are no new ones created if I try to access some unlockable content. These old errors are of the type:

0.24 days ago

Response code: 401 Response :{“error”: “invalid_grant”}

the msgs from earlier today

fetch_user - API v2 Class - UUID 7772fb80-5d6d-55d3-be0e-67aab08dd352 - Response code: 401 Response :{“errors”:[{“code”:1,“code_name”:“Unauthorized”,“detail”:“The server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required.”,“id”:“7772fb80-5d6d-55d3-be0e-67aab08dd352”,“status”:“401”,“title”:“Unauthorized”}]}

the msgs from 2 weeks ago

fetch_tiers - API v2 Class - UUID 6a2f7500-e993-4d2d-b7d0-066d586501a4 - Response code: 401 Response :{“errors”:[{“code”:1,“code_name”:“Unauthorized”,“detail”:“The server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required.”,“id”:“6a2f7500-e993-4d2d-b7d0-066d586501a4”,“status”:“401”,“title”:“Unauthorized”}]}

I need a solution to this within the next couple of days or else I’ll have to remove all the Patreon integration and use a service that I can get to work.

And this morning, 24 hours after creating the account, it suddenly works. Is this a new user problem, or a first day of the month problem, or did you fix something? It would be useful to know to warn new users what to expect.

There were no changes made in the api. It may be a 1st of month issue or cache validation period related.