New Patrons don't have access to locked content

Today, from around 4 pm (UTC+2) I’ve been getting messages from new Patron that they login to my website with their Patreon accounts but the content is still locked (so far 5 people - about 50% of new Patrons since that time - contacted me). One of them confirmed that it works fine for him on Patreon but not on my website.

I’ve checked their payment status and according to Patreon dashboard, everything is fine. My Patrons log in with correct accounts yet they can’t see locked content.

I know that Patreon is usually a bit erratic on the 1st of the month but it’s a pretty bad experience for new Patrons and I want to make sure that it’s not something with my WP setup.

I use WP 5.3.2, Patreon WP 1.5.3, PPP 1.4.6 and use API v1 client. Is it possible that my token expired or something like that? According to the plugin my connection is healthy :slight_smile:

Patreon WP 1.5.3 is pretty old. Are those patrons in a different currency than your Patreon campaign currency?

Nope! I don’t have other currencies enabled.

BTW I’ve had similar issue on the 1st of August (4 people reported that the content is not unlocked for them, even though they log in with a correct Patreon account).

Now the thing is that api v1 and PW 1.5.3 are pretty old. Is there something that prevents you from upgrading?

Nothing apart from time, I need to do it during the weekend. Probably first checking it on my staging environment. I don’t want to cause any inconvenience to the rest of the users during the week.

Is there really any chance that old plugin versions would have impact on some users and cause this type error, i.e. not getting currently_entitled_tiers of a user (or however it’s called in V1)?

That’s definitely possible. Thats why i asked if you were unable to upgrade. Trying upgrading would be much better.

I’m having the same problem with API v1.
API does not update new patrons since about 24 hours ago.

Can you c/p the information about plugin versions in Patreon Settings’ support section?

I did some digging and it appears that total_historical_amount_cents isn’t being updated on the API (a common issue unfortunately). Maybe OP might be having the same problem.

In my case, my connection wasn’t totally broken. Only large chunk of new Patrons experienced some issues but none of the old ones (at least nobody reported that). I refreshed my Creator’s Access Token and Refresh Token. Don’t know whether that helped or it was all due to patchy Patreon performance on the 1st but so far I haven’t received anymore complaints from Patrons.

It may have been from the 1st of month situation seeing how Patreon had to do a maintenance yesterday.

I am having the same problem. The patrons get error messages like the following:

{“error”:“invalid_request”,“error_description”:“Mismatching redirect URI.”,“state”:“eyJmaW5hbF9yZWRpcmVjdF91cmkiOiJodHRwczpcL1wvd3VyemVsc3BpdHplLmJsb2dcLzIwMjJcLzAxXC8wM1wvZHVtbWhlaXQtZ2Vob3J0LWJlc3RyYWZ0In0=”}

Right now none of my patrons can read the content of any blog post. As they almost all are new the Patreon (so am I) this is really a frustrating experience…

Does your site use mixed https and http urls? That happens for that reason generally. Forcing https:// with a plugin would fix that.