Patreon WordPress plugin not working

I have a Patreon patron who reports that he cannot view the hidden content on my site (restricted to Patreon patrons.) He says even though he is logged in, he still cannot get through to the hidden content that I made available only for Patreon patrons. Any troubleshooting with the API?

1 Like

I have the same problem with one Patron. He clicks ā€œunlock with Patreon,ā€ logs in, goes back to the site, refreshes the page and it still says he needs to log in. Browser info:

https://whatsmybrowser.org/b/XHK28JA

Does this happen with one patron? Have you two tried a $1 locked content on your site with a test patron account you created to confirm this issue? First it must be made sure that unlocking works in general.

Itā€™s only with 2 of my patrons, so I know that unlocking in general works.

Does unlocking not work for these people every time they try and over a time period, or does it work occasionally, in a spotty fashion?

It never works, one has been trying over a month.

Can s/he try viewing the content from another device + browser + isp combo than the one s/he is using to see if there is anything going on with the combination?

Some ISPs cache very aggressively especially on mobile.

This plugin is not working for me either. When I click the Unlock button, it keeps giving me the Oauth prompt and then takes me back to the original page, which is still locked. I have already logged into Patreon

Does your patron account fulfill the requirements listed on the gated post?

Iā€™m having the same issue. I thought it was only one of my patrons, but he said Patreon tech support said other patrons are having issues as well.

Are all your patrons having this issue? Can you reproduce this with your test patron account?

I came here for this issue, I get this error when I tried to reconnect

Following Wizard, and clicking ā€˜get startedā€™ on wordpress plugin, i get this message.

{ā€œerrorsā€:[{ā€œcodeā€:3,ā€œcode_nameā€:ā€œParameterInvalidā€,ā€œdetailā€:ā€œInvalid parameter for ā€˜oauth_client_idā€™: 7800.ā€,ā€œidā€:ā€œ19f4f59c-34b0-40e5-b5a1-e0b59c878c06ā€,ā€œsourceā€:{ā€œparameterā€:ā€œoauth_client_idā€},ā€œstatusā€:ā€œ400ā€,ā€œtitleā€:ā€œInvalid value for parameter ā€˜oauth_client_idā€™.ā€}]}

Ah, yeah. Until we release 1.3.3, you need to delete your existing app at the below page:

Just visit there, click ā€˜deleteā€™ for the relevant client (you can copy the client secret down below), and after deleting that client you can reconnect your site.

When we release 1.3.3 this will be automatically done when you click the Reconnect button that is going to be added.