Posts Not Unlocking (Wordpress Plugin)

Hi Guys,

I’ve setup the Wordpress plugin and connected it to our Patreon, but when people go through the authentication process and allow access to their Patreon account, they are redirected to our web page, with the post still locked.

Tried this on various test accounts across different browsers and ISP’s and still nothing.

I have tried manually disconnecting and reconnecting using the client API. Aswell as creating a new API v2 Class on Patreon and manually entering those details directly into the plugin on Wordpress to connect that way and it’s still the same.

Our Patreon is set to charge immediately and then the 1st of each month.

This is the error that shows up every time someone tries to authenticate:
0.6 days ago

fetch_creator_info - API v2 Class - UUID d3b8cd20-bc10-4a22-8446-2d2b04e1d674 - Response code: 401 Response :{“errors”:[{“code”:1,“code_name”:“Unauthorized”,“detail”:“The server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required.”,“id”:“d3b8cd20-bc10-4a22-8446-2d2b04e1d674”,“status”:“401”,“title”:“Unauthorized”}]}

Thanks in advance

Basically your connection was somehow lost, for some reason. Try following belong guide to try to force refresh it:

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I’ve tried doing that a few times already and again just now. Same thing happens, posts won’t unlock.

Thanks

What’s the latest error?

Same as above… tried reconnecting a few times now, still not working.

fetch_creator_info - API v2 Class - UUID d3b8cd20-bc10-4a22-8446-2d2b04e1d674 - Response code: 401 Response :{“errors”:[{“code”:1,“code_name”:“Unauthorized”,“detail”:“The server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required.”,“id”:“d3b8cd20-bc10-4a22-8446-2d2b04e1d674”,“status”:“401”,“title”:“Unauthorized”}]}

Amazing. Can you check whether the values in ‘Connection’ section of Patreon Settings menu in your WP site matches the app for that site in below listing:

https://admin.patreon.com/portal/registration/register-clients

Yeah, all details matching.

Are you able to see your tiers in the Patreon Level metabox dropdown in post editor for any post?

Yeah I can see those. I’ve tried a bunch of different variations of those tiers and options to see if that helps anything, but posts are all locked on any tier.

That last error may be outdated at this point.

Any caching plugin or server side cache may be causing the unlock to fail due to showing the cached, locked page. You should investigate that possibility.

have the same issue but only with new Patreons, I tried to disconnect and reconnect the plugin to Patreon and it doesn’t let me.

Do you have a caching plugin at your site? Does your host have a caching system in the server?

I just set up a new WP site with the Patreon plugin and I’m having the exact same issue and error. I am hoping someone has found a solution to this.

EDIT: This issue was resolved once I reconnected the plugin to Patreon.

1 Like