Patreon plugin taking paying members to checkout page

Hi there!
When a patreon member tries to click on the “unlock with patreon” button they are taken to a Patreon checkout page, even though they are already a paying member. Not sure why this is happening.
Here is my website:

1 Like

I have the same problem! Please help us, because this way this WordPress Plugin is unusable.
My webpage https://unniedolls.com/new-blythe-tutorials/
So maybe you can find what is common on our websites and resolve the problem for us. Thank you.

1 Like

Yes! I haven’t been able to announce I made a Patreon because of this issue :disappointed:

If the user has not logged into your website via Patreon or his/her session at your site has expired, they will be treated as a logged out user and be shown the Unlock button. And they will have to go through the pledge/unlock flow. This also happens if the patron’s tier is lower than the tier required to unlock the content. Check out whether that is the case. If its not and the patron is a qualifying member, let me know.

They never visited my site before. They became a Patreon member through Patreon, then they visited my site to see the Patron-only posts. When they are trying to log in, Patreon wants to charge them again for the content. I set on my site that only a specific tier has access and these Patreons are in that exact tier who have access to those pages.
I’m not sure how their session can be expired, if this would be their first log-in attempt.

So my patron is a qualifying member and I need more help with this issue.

Are the patrons being presented with the price of that tier amount, another tier, or $0 or a message telling them that they dont need to pay anything at the moment when they go to checkout?

Patreon wants to charge them again with the tier’s amount which is €20.

This also happens to me please help @codebard

Is the checkout page attempting to actually charge the user, or does it show $0 due now?

The checkout page actually wants to charge the user, it shows the real price of the tier (in my case €20), not €0

So checkout wants to charge them again despite they are already active patrons. Can you send me a link from your website via dm?

Also all others who have this problem just send me links with affected posts via dm.

This is a MAJOR issue with this plugin. When a user encounters a locked post they should be given two options: 1) LOGIN if exiting user 2) SIGN UP if new user – New users should be given the option to choose a tier, currently the checkout page defaults to the lowest tier. How was this overlooked?? It’s basic consumer flow theory :man_facepalming:

I sent my webpage to you via dm. Thank you.

1 Like

The ‘Already a patron? Refresh’ link below the locked post content should allow the existing patrons to log in.

It’s a very clunky and confusing interface for users, consider redesigning or allowing the Creators to customize the text and wording of this lock screen in future updates.

This topic seems to have veered off on a tangent halfway through. Is there a resolution/fix for the original issue?
You asked for DMs but I didn’t like to do that after such a long time. Anything new for other folks that are experiencing this?

You asked for DMs but I didn’t like to do that after such a long time. Anything new for other folks that are experiencing this?

If you are having this problem as of this moment just send me a dm with the details.