Patrons being told to pledge again to gain access

Hi

I’ve just added the Patreon Wordpress plugin to my website fifascoutingtips.com. I’ve made one post patron-only. However, when my patrons click the login button to unlock the content, they’re taken to Patreon and told to pledge in order to gain access, even though they have already pledged.

Is there any way to fix this so that they get the correct login box and can gain access?

I should add that even I can’t see the post or log in to unlock it.

Thanks.

If they are not logged in, they would be taken to the pledge flow normally.

Now with pledge again to get access - you mean every time they try to unlock, they get asked to pledge again?

Sorry for the delay, I didn’t have internet access for a few days.

Yes, they click the button to log in with Patreon and get taken to a page on the Patreon website where they are asked to pledge again.

Thanks,

Alex

So this happens on the login/connect with patreon button, but it doesnt happen with the ‘unlock with patreon’ button that are on locked posts?

As far as I can tell it happened in both situations. I know one of my patrons managed to fix it by allowing Patreon access to his profile, but I don’t know how he got to that situation in the first place without being looped back and asked to pay again.

If that makes sense!

If its ok, please arrange a new admin account for me - with a strong password - and mail it to ozgur@c.patreon.com . I’ll check this on-site. This extra account should be deleted after debug is complete.

How was this resolved? Having the same issue.

Where are you hosted? At WordPress.com?

WP via commercial hosting service (1&1).

Similarly - if possible, please arrange a Wp admin account for me (with complex password) and mail me at ozgur@c.patreon.com . Along with site name, wp admin login url etc.

To all who posted in this thread:

Please delete the existing Patreon WordPress on your site (deactivate first), then upload and activate the below package with oauth error reporting and see if it sheds any light on this issue by showing an error:

To all who posted in this thread: API’s cloudflare settings were just readjusted by Patreon. Please check it out and see if you can reproduce the cloudflare-block.

To all experiencing this issue:

There were changes made at CloudFlare to address this issue just today.

Please try to reproduce the issue and let us know if it occurs, or if you are not able to reproduce it at all. Any input is appreciated.

I am getting this issue too. Just testing site right now using another patreon account (not creator acct). When I click on the Patreon button on the post page it takes me to a login on Patreon, then it takes me to the Creator page and asks me to become a Patron showing the tiers to choose from. But this account already has pledged the top tier.

Which Patreon WordPress version are you using?

Are you also a Pro user?

I am using 1.2.0, not pro. It seems to have corrected itself. I think what happened is when I tested it the Patreon creator page didn’t have any posts on the Patreon site yet. He now made a post and the problem went away. Beside clearing browser cache (which didn’t change anything) adding the post was the only thing we changed. And the post was added to Patreon page not Creator website. But the issues we were having (the above problem) and images not unlocking were on the Creator’s website. Where we had one post locked on a $5 tier.

Are images also unlocking now?

YES, they are unlocked.

That was an interesting case.

Anyway, if it works now, great…