We are providing upcoming Tier-based post locking and Tier-based locked interface text features of the Patreon WordPress plugin to interested creators for testing.
This beta is based on existing 1.2.4, with just this feature added.
The highlights are:
- Now you can lock your posts according to your tiers using the new tier select box when locking posts
- Your tiers’ names will be used if you have named your tiers
- Existing $ amount input box moved to Advanced setting toggle
- Your existing posts locked by using the existing $ amount box will automatically work with the new tier selector
- amount input box can still be used to overwrite the tier amount with a precise $ amount
- Locked interface text in locked posts now also contain a link to your Patreon profile
- Locked interface text in locked posts now tells the membership Tier required to unlock your content instead of the $ level
- Your tier info is automatically pulled and updated from Patreon whenever you edit a post
To install the this beta, just deactivate+delete your existing Patreon WordPress, and upload and activate the package below:
Your settings, info, locked posts will all stay the same.
When you install, the version will show 1.2.4. This will allow you to upgrade it easily from your plugin admin, later when 1.2.5 is actually released.
To revert back to 1.2.4 without this feature, you can just deactivate/delete the this beta package you installed, and just install 1.2.4 from your plugin admin via WP org repository.
This is not yet made compatible with Patron Pro. If you use Patron Pro with this feature, locking and everything will work, but the locked posts will not show your relevant tier level. Instead it will show the $ amount like in earlier version.
Any feedback and questions welcome!