Patreon Zapier Upload Post

Dear Developers,

I hope this finds you well. I am reaching out to seek your expertise and guidance regarding and involving Patreon’s webhooks and API integration.

My objective is to streamline the process of uploading video content to Patreon for my patrons. I believe that leveraging Patreon’s webhooks in conjunction with their API could provide an efficient solution, if I could integrate them with Zapier’s automation capabilities.

Specifically, I am aiming to automate the process of uploading videos to Patreon as soon as they are ready, triggered by certain events (such as the completion of video rendering/uploading on another platform).

I understand that this may involve configuring webhooks to notify my application when specific events occur through Zapier, and then utilizing Patreon’s API to programmatically upload the videos to the appropriate tiers or posts.

However, I am seeking guidance on the best practices for setting up this automation, including any potential limitations or considerations I should be aware of. Additionally, I would appreciate any insights on how to effectively integrate Patreon’s webhooks and API with Zapier to orchestrate the entire process since I am relatively new to the API.

Introduction – API Reference (patreon.com)

Would it be possible for you to provide some advice or pointers on how to approach this project? Any documentation, examples, or recommended resources would be immensely helpful in guiding me through the process.

Thank you very much for considering my request. Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to your response.

My objective is to streamline the process of uploading video content to Patreon for my patrons.

Write operations are not supported at the public api, so you cant upload files or create posts by using the api.

Is there a plan/timeline to when write operations may become available, if ever ?

Currently there isnt any write feature planned.