Question on Patreon and WordPress site

I am using Patreon on my Wordpress site and have created a piece of content (a page post on my website) that I want to make sure can be paid by all patreons and whoever signs up to Patreon for access to the content (for a one time fee/cost). What I did on my website is: set the WordPress page setting to “Any patron” with the following for payment section: Require the below precise monthly membership or over to view this post. (optional - overrides the above select box when used) 0.01 and Require a lifetime pledge amount greater than this amount to view this post. (optional) $ 79.50. Then on my Patreon site (on Paetron.com my creator page) I created a Text post that I set as a Public Paid Post, and inside it I put title and URL to the landing page of the content. Will that work?

1 Like

Setting a tier level and then setting the one time payment amount you require as total lifetime pledge should work.

You can just try it by using a patron account with a different email to pledge to yourself from a $2 tier. Then you can set the post level to $1 tier, and then set the lifetime pledge to $2. And see if it will work as you desire.

2 Likes

Thank you codebard! I will try that out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Follow-up question that comes to mind. If I set up my tier at the desired price and inside Patreon I have chosen post pledges. Inside my Wordpress page content Patreon setting, can I just put the tier instead of what I have, which is “Any patron”? Thank you for letting me know.

Another note, I don’t want a monthly pledge, which is what it says when I choose to make the content available only to tier members of the price I have chosen for this piece of content. Does it just say monthly because that’s what tiers typically want? But it won’t apply a monthly fee since my Patreon settings are on a per piece of content/post setting? Or will it apply a monthly fee? I’m so confused. Hope you can help and thank you so much for the support.

Whatever you set as the tier or $ level at your WP site will be used for the post.

It will check for a monthly fee. Per-creation logic is not implemented in the plugin. Using the lifetime reward option may be the best option in this case.

1 Like