Server down? - Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array

Everything has been working smoothly for several months. However, currently my Wordpress posts that use the Patreon plugin are showing this error:

Fatal error : Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /var/www/html/play/wp-content/plugins/patreon-wordpress/classes/patreon_oauth.php on line 46

Is the Patreon server down? Maybe something else I should verify?

Thanks,
Ricky.

Now getting CF errors. I’ll drop the trace here so it maybe can help:

Error 504 Ray ID: 4631f128693b4c2a • 2018-10-01 21:14:59 UTC

Gateway time-out

Yes, that issue happens when your server is unable to contact Patreon and get a response from it.

With the new 1.2.0 below, this wont cause a fatal error, but instead will show what was encountered as an error message.

You can try 1.2.0 beta and see why the connection issue is happening. That will give a clue.

1.2.0 description says: (Please note that if you have Patron Pro, you will have to disable it while testing 1.2.0 beta - its not compatible yet, and when it is, it will be announced).

I’m using Patron Pro, so I can risk it. Now the errors are not showing anymore, but all my players and me are facing a loop in the login process. The post doesn’t unlock even if the authorization happens.

WP log has several errors recorder, for instance:
[02-Oct-2018 21:10:30 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /var/www/html/play/wp-content/plugins/patreon-wordpress/classes/patreon_oauth.php on line 46
[02-Oct-2018 21:10:33 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /var/www/html/play/wp-content/plugins/patreon-wordpress/classes/patreon_oauth.php on line 46
[02-Oct-2018 21:16:54 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: refresh_token in /var/www/html/play/wp-content/plugins/patreon-wordpress/classes/patreon_wordpress.php on line 115
[02-Oct-2018 21:16:54 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: access_token in /var/www/html/play/wp-content/plugins/patreon-wordpress/classes/patreon_wordpress.php on line 116
[02-Oct-2018 21:16:55 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: refresh_token in /var/www/html/play/wp-content/plugins/patreon-wordpress/classes/patreon_wordpress.php on line 115
[02-Oct-2018 21:16:55 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: access_token in /var/www/html/play/wp-content/plugins/patreon-wordpress/classes/patreon_wordpress.php on line 116
[02-Oct-2018 21:19:46 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: check_user_email in /var/www/html/play/wp-content/plugins/patreon-wordpress/classes/patreon_login.php on line 175
[02-Oct-2018 21:20:50 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: data in /var/www/html/play/wp-content/plugins/patreon-wordpress/classes/patreon_login.php on line 15
[02-Oct-2018 21:20:50 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: data in /var/www/html/play/wp-content/plugins/patreon-wordpress/classes/patreon_login.php on line 16
[02-Oct-2018 21:20:50 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: data in /var/www/html/play/wp-content/plugins/patreon-wordpress/classes/patreon_login.php on line 18
[02-Oct-2018 21:22:01 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: data in /var/www/html/play/wp-content/plugins/patreon-wordpress/classes/patreon_login.php on line 15
[02-Oct-2018 21:22:01 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: data in /var/www/html/play/wp-content/plugins/patreon-wordpress/classes/patreon_login.php on line 16
[02-Oct-2018 21:22:01 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: data in /var/www/html/play/wp-content/plugins/patreon-wordpress/classes/patreon_login.php on line 18

I’m basically clueless. Everything was working fine until 1,5 days ago, and the login process randomly works for some players, but fails for most of them (including myself).

Undefined var/index notices are not important and they will be gone when the package is released, but the first parse error tells that your installation is having issues contacting Patreon.

Do you see any error message in your browser when that happens to you?

No messages. I figured out it was the token expired.