Show alternate content to non-patrons

I’m using the custom code snippets to wrap parts of my content in a Patreon banner, but for non-patrons, I’d like to make some alternate content visible.

My use case is that I have a table of contents for each of my magazine issues. I’d like the contents visible to everyone, regardless of pledge status. For non-patrons, it would be a static list. Patrons would see a text-linked version.

I have my logic set up correctly as far as I can tell, but I’m unable to render anything inside the “if” portion of the code provided. On the admin side, everything is working as expected, so I suspect the banner code is being heavy-handed in how it controls the content visibility for non-patrons.

if ( ( $user_patronage < 700 OR $declined ) AND !current_user_can( 'manage_options' ) ) { // my logic and Patreon banner goes here }

I’ve also tried rendering a duplicate list before this logic and that doesn’t work either.

the code snippet I’m using is from https://paper.dropbox.com/doc/Patreon-WordPress-how-to-lock-any-part-of-your-Website-dqneEVjvuYrPbkEJfOuhG

( $user_patronage < 700 OR $declined )

That bit of code may cause the code to trigger for actual patrons who have less than 700, or declined.

You would need to add an OR for below conditions:

!isPatron()

or

!$user_patronage.

So,

( !$user_patronage OR $user_patronage < 700 OR $declined )

may do it.