Syncing posts - when does it start?

I’ve installed the plugin, and all the connections look like they are accurate. When does syncing start? I do not want all of the old Patreon posts appearing on Patreon, only new Patreon posts going forward from today.

Did you turn post sync on in the plugin’s settings?

When I click on Import Next Batch button, I get “Failed to get posts from Patreon.”

WP 6.0.2 with PHP 7.4.28
Patreon WordPress 1.8.4 with API v2

So it is now working, but I was hoping it would start with the most recent posts instead of the oldest posts.

Also, does it not embed the audio into the posts?

If no, why have this plugin? It seems not useful at all.

Manual import always imports all posts.

If the audio was embedded in your post, it is imported as it is. If it was in an attachment (Patreon podcast etc), importing it is not supported yet.

If no, why have this plugin? It seems not useful at all.

There are other features that the plugin provides other than importing posts.

Hi,

I am trying to sync existing Patreon Podcasts to Wordpress using the plugin sync function. I have used this plugin before to gate wordpress posts (post created on WP) on an other website, but I didn’t use the sync function before.

This Patreon account I am trying to sync now has over 40 podcasts and a number of posts with images. The sync did work, but it omitted all sound files and images. Having no sound in a podcast is a bit useless I must say. Ideally we don’t want to have to recreate each post on the worpress site manually. Also I want the podcast to be gated by Patreon.

Is the missing sound files linked to the way the audio is set on Patreon? Same questions for images.
How does the audio and images need to be set on patreon for the files to sync correctly?

Please help

Yes, at the moment the Patreon api does not support attachments/files so those cannot be synced. You will need to manually upload the episodes to the corresponding post at your site for the time being.