Cloudflare issues with the Wordpress plugin

tl; dr: We’ve adjusted our DNS provider to be friendlier to the API; let us know if you still see issues.

Hello everyone! I know many of you have had strange issues with the Wordpress plugin and Cloudflare. Cloudflare is our frontline DNS provider, helping keep Patreon safe from attacks and trolls of multiple sorts. Unfortunately, Cloudflare can be a little aggressive in what it blocks as “suspicious traffic” and things using our platform often bear the brunt of that.

We’ve made some adjustments to hopefully unblock legitimate platform users, but definitely let us know if you’re still seeing weird behavior.

Sorry for the disruption, and thanks for using the Wordpress plugin!

3 Likes

Still having issues it seems. Two users so far. Both cleared cookies before attempting to connect to Patreon and received the error. One of them around 7:18PM EST.

You are unable to access patreon.com
Why have I been blocked?
This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.

What can I do to resolve this?
You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 4386be777b1056f3 • Your IP: 199.250.195.25 • Performance & security by Cloudflare •

“I just cleared my chrome cookies, logged back into the blindwave website, patreon, and then tried to link my accounts and got that error” -user

There were changes made at CloudFlare to address this issue just today.

Please try to reproduce the issue and let us know if it occurs, or if you are not able to reproduce it at all. Any input is appreciated.

Things seem okay for the time being. I’ve had no users complaining of issues since this latest change. Well done!

1 Like