Error message %currency sign fbehind% in WP plugin

Hi, WP’s plugin displays an error (“%%currency_sign_fbehind%%”) in “This content is available exclusively to members of RFS Patreon at the time of posting. Become a patron at €3%%currency sign fbehind%% or more to get exclusive content like this in the future.” If you Google the text between parentheses above, you’ll find it on many other sites as well. How can I fix that? Thanks in advance for your reply.

WP 6.2 with PHP 8.2.5
Patreon WordPress 1.8.6 with API v2

Just visit your WP admin → Patreon Settings page. The currency prefix fields that you can use before and after a currency amount are down there in the options.

Thanks for the answer. I’ve tried the settings both with those fields empty and with the € symbol filled in, but I always get the same awkward text. More than an aesthetic or readability issue, I can see how this could reduce the confidence of potential new patrons, so I’d like to see this resolved. Are there any other options I can try?

A caching plugin at your site or your host’s server side caching (or even Cloudflare etc) may be showing a stale, cached page to you and your users. Try confirming that no cache is interfering with the process.

How does one ensure caching is not interfering?

Try checking your cache plugin’s settings if you have one. And ask your host if there is server-side caching. Nginx reverse proxy cache etc.

For a caching plugin, WP Super Cache with default settings but only ‘do not cache for logged in users’ set to on should work without issues.