In which Jeffrey and Tal go to Patrecon

Hey folks - @jeffrey and I are going to Patrecon this week - that’s our 2nd annual creator conference.

I’m going to give a presentation to all attending creators (actually 4x sessions) about the platform. Our goal is to get as much feedback and learn as much as we can from in-person conversations.

What are some questions you’d have for creators that I can ask on your behalf? What would you like to know?

And if this offer is irrelevant/not useful, I’d love to know that actually - please say so, and spell it out for me (e.g. ‘Tal this is not useful because I already talk to creators all the time/am a creator/run a platform’) etc.

1 Like

I’ve got a couple of questions for the attending creators!

1. How many of them know about the app directory? How many have looked through it?
  2. Roughly how much time does it currently take to compile lists of patrons for “name-in-credits” style rewards?
  3. How do creators view “name-in-credit” style rewards helping with their patron engagement?
1 Like

Phew, what a weekend. @LordHarvie here are some rough quick answers

1. How many of them know about the app directory? How many have looked through it?

Surprisingly few coming in. Once I presented them in detail, creators were very excited about it. The whole team evangelized specific apps (especially in 1-1 page review sessions).

We also started thinking about a product marketing plan for each app separately and how we can do pinpoint campaigns to creators we think will be perfect for each integration based on existing rewards. More on this soon - still thinking it out.

Long term we’re going to incorporate the app directory into onboarding, reward creation, and so on. To do that right, some product groundwork needs to happen there first.

1. Roughly how much time does it currently take to compile lists of patrons for “name-in-credits” style rewards?

One anecdote: when I showed a screenshot of the name-in-credits plugin, I asked, who does this manually today and what’s it like? One creator in the audience just yelled “PAIN IN THE ASS” - was a perfect setup to introduce the integration. There was lots of head nodding :slight_smile:

1. How do creators view “name-in-credit” style rewards helping with their patron engagement?

Our goal, and creators goal, is for them to have more time to create while still giving meaningful value to patrons. That framework resonated a lot with creators, many of whom are one or two person operations. By that framework, this reward hits it out of the park.

1 Like