Is multiple sites for the same Patreon impossible?

Hi,

I help to run multiple websites that all run under the same banner (actually a Wordpress network), and the same Patreon as well. Each site posts serialized web fiction with different series and authors. I want to use this plugin to easily offer advance-release chapters for each series; it worked for the first site, but when I tried to connect the second one, it just went to this error page:

{“errors”:[{“code”:3,“code_name”:“ParameterInvalid”,“detail”:“Invalid parameter for ‘oauth_client_id’: 7800.”,“id”:“ab94fb0d-28a0-4cb8-a2c8-1a07f18b4fa3”,“source”:{“parameter”:“oauth_client_id”},“status”:“400”,“title”:“Invalid value for parameter ‘oauth_client_id’.”}]}

Here is the plugin info, if needed:
WP 5.5.3 with PHP 7.4.11
Patreon WordPress 1.6.8 with API v2

I am not a developer and my knowledge of coding is quite limited, unfortunately, so I apologize if this is a question with an easy answer or fix.

Yes, that is a current limitation with the api in which it allows you to connect only 1 WP site to Patreon using the setup wizard. It does not allow others. This will be fixed in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, you can manually create apps for those subsites at the below page…

…and copy/paste the app details to each site at Patreon Settings page at your WP admin.

1 Like

Oh, thank you for the info! (Also, I did not realize you just posted this a few minutes ago; great coincidence lol)

1 Like

Is this not fixed yet? I can’t get the plugin to work on a second site. FWIW the first site has the Pro plugin installed.

I manually created an app. I copy/pasted the app details into Wordpress and clicked the “Update Settings” button. I can’t make the entire site Patron-only or lock posts because it says I need a Creator ID.

I can, however, log in with a Patron account. I just can’t lock any conent.

WP 6.1.1 with PHP 8.1.14
Patreon WordPress 1.8.5 with API v2

This feature is needed to assist with testing, I have a local, staging and production site. Currently testing everything on staging prior to making Patreon changes live. Once I move to production I will need to delete the staging connection and transfer to production. Then… how will I test features prior to launch? Spin up a dummy Patreon account I guess :face_with_spiral_eyes:

That sounds like a bug than anything else. Can that site reliably connect to Patreon api?

You can connect multiple, separate WP sites to Patreon, but you would need to manually create an app for the second one and c/p the details.

Yes, I understand that. I’m requesting the ability of the plugin to connect multiple instances (local, staging, production) to the same Patreon. A feature that looked like it was going to be implemented soon after November 2020.

That is something that needs to be done at Patreon side, so doing this a bit complicated. Hence it may be visited in the coming months.