Can three different websites share one patreon account using the patreon plugin?

I have three wordpress sites and I just downloaded the Patreon wordpress plugin. What I would like to do is have all three sites connected to my Patreon account without having to set up a new account for each website. My question is this: Is it possible to connect my Patreon account to three wordpress sites?

If yes, could you explain / show me how to set this up? One site works fine with Patreon, but when try to set up the others to connect with my account, it keeps displaying the following code:

ā€œ{ā€œerrorsā€:[{ā€œcodeā€:3,ā€œcode_nameā€:ā€œParameterInvalidā€,ā€œdetailā€:ā€œInvalid parameter for ā€˜oauth_client_idā€™: 7800.ā€,ā€œidā€:ā€œ4d265a5e-4962-43de-affb-7cfd79541987ā€,ā€œsourceā€:{ā€œparameterā€:ā€œoauth_client_idā€},ā€œstatusā€:ā€œ400ā€,ā€œtitleā€:ā€œInvalid value for parameter ā€˜oauth_client_idā€™.ā€}]}ā€

Again, if you can explain this to me (pretend like I am your annoying sistersā€™ husband who has no common sense and only a 7th grade education) so I can fix it to work?

Thank you for your timeā€¦

1 Like

Indeed, currently it is not possible to connect multiple sites to the same account via the setup wizard, sorry. This will be available in the next release or the one following it - something like in 2 to 4 weeks.

Until then, you can manually connect your sites by creating different apps for them at the below page, and copy/pasting their details to ā€˜Connection detailsā€™ options in plugin settings.

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried that, but it doesnā€™t work. I messes up my patreon account. So I will have to wait until a new plugin / configuration is released.

Hi, I had the same question as bigjohn. I see that back in Sept. 2019 codebard said ā€œThis will be available in the next release or the one following itā€ so Iā€™m wondering if this ability to connect to multiple sites is now available? If so, you might want to mention it on the installation page here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/patreon-connect/#installation

You can indeed connect multiple sites, but using the setup wizard you can connect only one site still. Like mentioned in my last post.

So, basically, connect one site via setup wizard, then connect the other sites by manually creating clients at your Patreon account and copy/pasting the details.

1 Like