Patreon App Sync no longer working for Patreon Wordpress plugin

Hey there,

I have been looking at a thread on here about how to connect Patreon Wordpress plugin to my new Patreon page. I have cleared any existed data from the “connection details” in Patreon for WP plugin to start a fresh connection. Just to make sure I’ve also uninstalled the Patreon WP plugin and cleared the WP cache and started over.

Using the setup wizard inside the Patreon WP plugin with my Patreon it takes my the Aut 2.0 page and I click connect and then it takes me back to Wordpress and says it can’t connect.

So far I can see that on my Patreon account under apps I only have:
Logged in with Patreon : Patreon for Wordpress

Third-party apps : Nothing

So in this case I have to manually connect the WP plugin with my API details for my Patreon account.

Client ID
Client Secret
Creator’s Access Token
Creator’s Refresh Token

Where can I find these? On the guide on this forum, it points to a page but they are not listed.

Thank you people!

If the setup wizard completed successfully, then you don’t need to do anything.

Hello Codebard,

I see there was a spelling mistake in my original posting on here.

It should read

“Using the setup wizard inside the Patreon WP plugin with my Patreon it takes my the Aut 2.0 page and I click connect and then it takes me back to Wordpress and says it can’t connect.”

Is there a manual way of finding these from my Patreon creator account instead?

Client ID
Client Secret
Creator’s Access Token
Creator’s Refresh Token

Thank you!

This may be due to a prior failed connection attempt or another site having already connected.

Check it out if there is any other WP site that has an app there. Ie, if you already connected another site to the api using the setup wizard, the setup wizard wont let you connect another one. You will have to manually create an app and c/p the details to your site.

If you havent connected another website, then you may use the below steps to force refresh the connection of your site to Patreon: