We are providing upcoming 1.2.4 version of the Patreon WordPress plugin to interested creators for testing.
This version highlights are:
- Your integration will now acquire and use Patreon avatars of your users if they have a Patreon avatar and they dont already have an avatar at your WP site
- A semi-important issue which may have forced re-acquisition of API credentials, leading to potential issues with post lock input boxes getting locked was fixed
= 1.2.4 =
- Plugin now automatically acquires Patreon avatar of Patreon users and uses it if they dont already have an avatar
- Addressed reports of client credentials being deleted and forcibly refreshed
- A rare issue which could cause spammy but harmless accounts being created when Patreon API was returning HTML was addressed
- Unused remove_fetch_creator_id was removed
To install the 1.2.4 beta, just deactivate+delete your existing Patreon WordPress, and upload and activate the package below:
Your settings, info, locked posts will all stay the same.
When you install, the version will show 1.2.3, despite it is 1.2.4 beta. This will allow you to upgrade it easily from your plugin admin, later when 1.2.4 is actually released.
To revert back to 1.2.3, you can just deactivate/delete the 1.2.4 beta package you installed, and just install 1.2.3 from your plugin admin via WP org repository.
Any feedback and questions welcome!