Patreon WordPress post sync beta

I created a new website in Wordpress so that I could test it on something with no plugins. When I install it and click the button to connect the Patreon site it shows this error message…
{“errors”:[{“code”:3,“code_name”:“ParameterInvalid”,“detail”:“Invalid parameter for ‘oauth_client_id’: 7800.”,“id”:“b840370e-7136-402b-9a19-666750395137”,“source”:{“parameter”:“oauth_client_id”},“status”:“400”,“title”:“Invalid value for parameter ‘oauth_client_id’.”}]}

Any ideas why this would be?

A

This happens when you already have an app which uses the redirect uri which that site has.

You should find that app at Patreon apps page and delete it, then it should go through normally.

1 Like

Andrew latest state of beta package is below. Adds link post type support. It will be released monday.

Released at github. Downloadable package here.

1.5.6 and it fixes a minor issue with patron only status of updated posts, also adds support for pay per post type patron only posts.

It will be released at WP repo on monday. You can either install the above release per beta instructions or just wait until monday to just update from your wp plugin admin.

Pardon the idiocy, but I’m not even seeing where the IMPORT option is after deleting the original Patreon for WP plugin and installing the beta here (including beta 2).

UPDATE: Cancel – the CodeBard Wizard was updating it and killing the post sync option.

Manual import should be in Patreon Settings menu, at the bottom.

How did Codebard wizard interfere with post sync?

It didn’t “interfere” so to speak, but the Codebard wizard prompted me for a fix once the Patreon plugin was deleted, so not thinking it was necessarily linked to what I had just deleted (doink!) I said, sure, fix the issue, Wizard! Which I obviously did NOT want to do.

Curious if there are any plans or future possibilities of importing the audio that was uploaded in the Patreon post to Wordpress via this same import process.

Ah yeah - Codebard wizard will try to fix any issues with the installation, thats as expected. I will arrange specific instructions for doing beta with Patron Pro in future.

Audio and a few more post types can be supported only when the api starts returning their embed info and linked resources. When/if that happens, we can add support for those types in full. For now, they will come in only as text. But you can attach the file manually to those imported posts in WP post editor.

Much appreciate the reply!

1 Like

Post sync is out with 1.5.6 at WP repo now. You can just update from your plugin admin.

Those who downloaded the beta or used the release at github, you can delete your plugin and reinstall it via WP plugin manager again to get the latest state of code. There are some minor fixes in the last state of the release. Github release is also updated to reflect that.

@codebard Is there a way to NOT have it sync automatically? I did not opt into this feature, but I made a post on Patreon earlier today and it automatically made a post on my website. I’m kinda ticked off about that. I still want to be able to have some posts hidden behind a Patreon paywall, but I don’t want every Patreon post I make to appear on my website whether I like it or not.

Yes, a prevent syncing new posts option may be a good idea.

As for paywall, if your post is paywalled at Patreon, it is going to be paywalled at your site too? Is that not working?