Post Pages vs Static Pages for Patron section?

I have installed and actived the Patreon plugin for wordpress to my site - if I also use ‘Automated Early Access’ on Patreon would this also reflect on my website or would I need the pro version of the plugin (which I can’t afford)?
I want to create a section for my patrons which will include articles, workshops, course modules, videos, (eventually podcasts) and discord - I am trying to assess the pros and cons of doing this by creating a ‘patrons only’ section on my blog page, where I can lock the individual posts OR would I be better setting up a ‘Patrons only’ static page on my website where the pages are ‘locked’ and only accessible to patrons?
Will I be able to create content on Patreon and then embed into my website? OR would I have to create the content on my website, and if so would it automatically show on Patreon. I have trawled the help section and cannot find any information about this. I could do with assistance in working out the implications of both ways. Thanks - Tan

I have installed and actived the Patreon plugin for wordpress to my site - if I also use ‘Automated Early Access’ on Patreon would this also reflect on my website or would I need the pro version of the plugin (which I can’t afford)?

Such a feature is not currently present in either of the plugins unfortunately.

What you could do is to use automated early access at Patreon, and use the ‘Show this post after X days’ locking method of the Pro to achieve the same effect on both sites.

Will I be able to create content on Patreon and then embed into my website?

Currently cross posting to and from Patreon is not supported by either Patreon or the plugins. So you would need to post the content at both sites.

Thanks for the input - looks like ‘early access’ is out of the window for me. May have to rethink Patreon - sigh - thanks again - Tan

I believe i have noted that you have the means to effect early access system using the method i described above. Please let me know if it wasnt clear.

Or is the 30 euro/year price tag of Patron Pro too high?

At the moment I desperately need to monetize my website by charging for at least some of the content - my income has dropped to almost 0 so cannot look at anything that costs :frowning:

You can just install the free official plugin from your WP admin, monetize your site by locking whatever post manually and get started.

Free official plugin is the entry plugin that is easiest to use for starting users, so you should be able to just get ahead with it.

In the meantime you can just post your content at Patreon and your WP site and manually handle early access format. Even without early access format you should be able to soon gain some members anyway.

Thanks - I was just looking at doing that, early access isn’t absolutely essential. The most essential thing is deciding the best option for presenting the content (especially as some of it is course module format) so now trying to work out if I am best using a category in my ‘posts’ page or creating a static page purely for patrons. - Tan

Category in your posts page would be better.

This way, you can use any future advanced option that comes out to lock that category in one go. And use advanced options.

A ‘lock posts by category’ feature will soon come to Pro, for example.

But pages cannot be categorized in wordpress. For that reason in both free and pro, they would need to be manually locked, or locked all of them in one go. Advanced options can be used to lock them, but per-category options are not possible since pages cannot be categorized in WP.