Pro suggestion - Option to disable download/right click beyond locked sections

Just a thought, something that may go along well with the Pro version that allows partial post locking for Patrons. My idea was the option to remove the ability to right click or otherwise download content beyond the locked paywall section of the post, while leaving the free to the public section alone. Maybe a toggle switch in the options like “Add right click/download protection to Patron only content”.

Going a step further would be disabling screenshot, or at least screenshot on mobile, which is where a lot of theft comes from. I have no idea how difficult that would be to implement, but it sure sounds nice!

Obviously, people who are determined enough to steal will find a way, but this will absolutely make things easier for people who’s intentions as a creator offer samples to the public (which can be encouraged to share) and premium content for Patrons to view only, and/or only while Patrons. Even a slight layer of added protection could benefit many creators and help cut down on theft.

I’m sure there is a way to do this outside of the plugin itself, but having it as option would be a great tool in the arsenal. If it were a feature of Pro, I’d upgrade in a heartbeat for these two features alone (lock sections and protect locked sections).

If there already is a way to do this within the plugin that I missed, please let me know.

Cheers!

Well, as you say, those who know enough would still download through the developer tools in their browser or other utilities. And those who know how to do could take screenshots of their screen and export it to their image editing tool. But in general it may be a nice addition.

1 Like