A Really Simple Suggestion for Patreon Wordpress Plugin

The “alert” This content is for Patrons only, it’s not locked for you because you are an administrator.

A) It’d be nice to set it the top of the post or bottom as a choice in settings.

B) More importantly, can this sentence state WHAT content is available? I want to know what price/tier the post is set at without having to edit it.

A) Interesting point.

B) Basically you say you would prefer to see the locked tier information for the content in the admin info footer (or header)?

Yes, i regularly have to change posts from $5 (early access) to $1 (locked) and then free (public), and having some indicator of what is selected at the top of the post would be wonderful. As is, I have to scroll down, click edit, then scroll down in the editing to find the Patreon tab just to see what tier the post is set at.

Why dont you get Patron Pro and use its ‘make public after x days’ feature? That would make your post (or post categories, or custom posts or custom post categories, or tags) first gated from the $ amount you set, then after x amount of days pass, totally public.

It wouldnt stagger first to $1 then make it public and instead would make it directly public after x days passed, but still should be workable.

Also there is a date option to do the same thing as well.

Although I have no problem getting pro, that wouldn’t resolve my problems. For example, what if I forgot to set the date? My early access wouldn’t switch, yet I’d have no way of knowing until someone complained. about it.

However, the main reason is simple. I don’t always release chapters regularly. If one week I don’t feel like releasing the next chapter, then I don’t want the public to get a chapter, and then the locked to get a chapter. Furthermore, the timing issue. I give myself a 48 window to release a chapter, which means that my free and $1 chapters would assuredly release out of sync with my new early access chapter, and since this change isn’t announced, this can lead to even more confusion.

On top of that, my Table of Contents wouldn’t update when my chapters updated. So, there is another discrepancy caused by the automated system.

Finally, I have 2 forms of accounts, Patreon, and a local membership app supported through Paypal. That other app can’t do the timing, so even if it did do automatic updates, I’d still need to check the duplicate post and properly change those.

All in all, it’d just be convenient. It’s honestly frustrating that people who aren’t even signed in to Patreon can see this information, but the administrator, the person who needs this information the most accessible, is denied it.

If you lock all posts or posts from a category, or a tag, or a custom post type to be made public after X days, then they would automatically be locked at the time they posted, and become public after X days pass from the posting time of each.

So “Make public after X days” is different from “Make public after date XYZ”. They are different options.

All in all, it’d just be convenient. It’s honestly frustrating that people who aren’t even signed in to Patreon can see this information, but the administrator, the person who needs this information the most accessible, is denied it.

We may consider showing the admins the locking information, thats not a big task. However this wont solve your complex release schedules and formats, of course.