The patreon plugin slows down the site's browsing speed by three times

Hi, my wordpress in the site https://www.storieaccanto.com has become very, very slow. To verify the cause, I deactivated ALL the plugins, then reactivated them one at a time. I found that activating the PATREON plugin makes response times go from 3 sec to 9 sec. Deactivated the Patreon plugin, the response times return to about 3 sec.
The site is hosted on Aruba.it.
I have already contacted the hosting company, and together we have verified that by deactivating the Patreon plugin and leaving all the others active, the response times range from about 9/11 seconds to 3 seconds.
We have now applied a plugin for the cache manager and if you are not logged in the site is fast. But as soon as you are logged in (and you have to do it as a Patreon user), the site gets very slow, is there anything that can be done to fix it? Thank you.

Can you c/p the health info from Patreon Settings menu?

What is your PHP version, which webserver? Also, how many posts do you have? Which theme are you using?

Hi,
WP 5.7.2 with PHP 7.4.16
Patreon WordPress 1.7.4 with API v2
Patron Plugin Pro 1.4.8
Patreon Button, Widgets and Plugin 2.0.9

The theme is cheer-up
There are 23 articles

Hello, do you have any news for the problem? Do you need more information? I wait, thank you very much.

I have the same problem since a day or two. Deactivated all my plugins and plugged them in again one at a time, but the culprit is definitely this Patreon plugin. And it only slows down logged in users.

I confirm the same “symptoms” of my case. Dear developers, do you have any suggestions for us? Were you able to analyze the case? Thank you.

For both: Are you able to switch to an earlier PHP version like 7.3.x or 7.2.x to try and see if this makes any change?

I changed the PHP version to 7.2.x but the response times remained long:
WP 5.7.2 with PHP 7.2.34
Patron Plugin Pro 1.4.8

I changed the PHP version to 7.3.x but the response times remained long:
WP 5.7.2 with PHP 7.3.27
Patron Plugin Pro 1.4.8

Where were you hosted?

the site is hosted on aruba.it
if you think I can give you a username and a temporary administrator password, so you enter the wordpress administration and you can check what you think

Hello, a week has passed since I opened the report in the first support patreon … do you have any ideas to solve the problem? I wrote to you that I am available to give you the credentials to enter wordpress administration … I kindly ask you for support, because in this way the paid Patreon PRO plugin cannot work. Thank you.

This is being investigated. The cause is unclear yet since its not reproducible and there isnt a direct clue to chase, so the login would not be of help at this point.

Also, this relates to the official, free plugin, not Patron Pro. Hence we are handling the support here in the forum.

Can you install Query Monitor and check what queries and hooks are being run in your WP install? Do you have any experience with Query Monitor?

I had already installed Query Monitor, so I could check the response times better. I am attaching the screenshots, the one of the queries and the one of the hooks. If you need anything in particular, tell me, or I’ll let you in as an administrator and check it out for yourself. Thank you.

Good evening, is there any news?

Is the first one the queies of a post listing, category or tag page?

And - there is a pretty weird error related to Patron Plugin Pro there. It says a method which actually exists in the plugin doesnt exist.

Can you totally uninstall Patron Plugin Pro and reinstall it from the latest package at your codebard.com account?

I proceeded to deactivate and then uninstall the Patreon PRO plugin, but the site remained as slow as before. At that point I also uninstalled the patreon button and widget plugin, but the site remained slow. At that point I deactivated and uninstalled the patreon plugin, the free one, and the site is finally back quite fast (instead of 11 seconds it takes 2/3).
At that point I reinstalled all the Patreon plugins and the paid one I downloaded from the appropriate section of your site.
The site has become slow again.
Again, it’s the free Patreon plugin that generates the slowness.
What can I do now?

Three things:

First, give a try to changing to a default WP theme for a while and see if this changes anything.

Second:

Try with W3 total cache disabled.

And:

Not related to those, but make sure that the missing file error for Patron Pro is not appearing in the below log: