Wanted functions for user side API (not for creators)

Hello! I’m currently working on a project for a friend, in which she would get links of all the web novels she reads in one place, instead of having to check 6 sites.
To accomplish this, I wanted to get a list of creators she’s currently subscribed to (either via oAuth, direct login or public user page) and then get the most recent few posts of said creators.
Unfortunately, the current version of the API seems to lack support for the user completely, and instead is purely focused on the usage for creators, which is a bit of a shame.

I considered using RSS as well, but it seems that only podcasts currently have those, or none of the creators she supports have it active. Which means that options falls off as well.
As a last resort I wanted to load the html of the website itself, and get the posts through DOM (at the cost of being more server heavy) but due to the fairly strict anti-botting procedures this is either impossible, or completely out of my comfortzone, as bypassing security measures sounds like a terrible idea.

To clarify, I don’t want to copy the post’s contents, or get access to content the user hasn’t subscribed to. All I am looking to do it periodically scan for new posts, and get their post name and link to the post.
Personally, I don’t think it’s a bad request to have a function like this, unless I am missing a security concern somewhere.

In short, the current API is lacking any user side functionality, and I think it would be great if that were added in the future.

2 Likes

Unfortunately yes, currently it may not be possible to get the posts from creators of a patron using the patron’s token.

1 Like

That’s a shame. I was hoping for an alternative solution, but I guess I’ll just hope for it to be added, or RSS be supported for all content instead.