Webhook Update Error

Hi. I recently encountered an issue with the webhook API firing an update event which contained a status:“patron_declined” field. After checking the website, this seems to be an error, as the status is now “Paid” and I did not receive another webhook update correcting this status.

Which exact update event? Member or pledge? A payment can be declined and it could be retried a few times before it is considered failed.

Member:pledge:update stated declined and I did not receive another update correcting this when the payment went through.

When you request the pledge history of that member via the api using the creator token, are you able to get the whole log of the pledge events?

I received another error that stated “last_charge_status”:“Declined” and “patron_status”:“declined_patron” when a Patron had paid. Also there was no update when the payment had been processed.

I haven’t tried paging through the pledge history, but that’s a good idea.

When you request the pledge history of that member via the api using the creator token, are you able to get the whole log of the pledge events?

What is the API endpoint for this? I’m only able to get the member id from this endpoint: /api/oauth2/v2/campaigns/{campaign_id}/members and the most recent status of a pledge based on this endpoint: /api/oauth2/v2/members/{id}

The /api/oauth2/v2/campaigns/{$campaign_id}/pledges endpoint doesn’t seem to be manually accessible and none of the functions from the PHP example exist in the SDK.

Edit: I was able to manually access the API endpoint with the correct formatting referenced in this post: Getting Pledge History (Python or generic request) - #4 by NStephenH

I received another error that stated “last_charge_status”:“Declined” and “patron_status”:“declined_patron” when a Patron had paid. Also there was no update when the payment had been processed.

If this happened more than a few days ago and it still did not update, let me know.

What is the API endpoint for this?

You can call /api/oauth2/v2/campaigns/{campaign_id}/members and request the member details including pledge history as an include and get them in the same call.