WordPress import

Hello,

For some reason my posts wont get imported, I assume its because they are uploaded with “Streamable” , is it supposed to work for that videos to get imported?
This is my Patreon account “SourTaste” (i couldn’t upload link as i can max 2 links as new user):
patreon .com / SourTaste

These are WordPress screenshots

Do you have any idea how can I get this solved? I would use this plugin but i have 700+ videos and it would be too much if I have to do it manually :frowning:

Thank you so much in advance

Videos would not get imported unless they were embedded inside the post content as embeds by c/ping an embed code from the remote service.

All of our old videos are posted by going to “Create” > “Video” > “Embed Video URL” > “Post”. While all the uploads from last 7 months have been uploaded directly through their Video upload option using their video player. as shown in the screenshot down below.

Any update here @codebard did we do something wrong with uploading?

No, as the videos are embedded specifically as video posts or url posts, those are unlikely to come in the import. The type of embedding that would bring the video in would be the one in which you c/p the embed code of the video inside the post content.

Okay, we decided to go manually, 700+ videos to WordPress.

I just wanted to see if it was possible to get some kind of embed link for the videos that are directly uploaded to Patreon.
So just in a similar way as I did for the other videos through links. This way I did for the other videos https://i.ibb.co/92zSPMW/image.png - this works great.

Basically what I want is some kind of embed link so I can have that video in WordPress post content, but not to have self-hosted videos (I have to upload 100+ videos which might be too heavy for website)

I just wanted to see if it was possible to get some kind of embed link for the videos that are directly uploaded to Patreon.

Not as of this moment.

Basically what I want is some kind of embed link so I can have that video in WordPress post content, but not to have self-hosted videos (I have to upload 100+ videos which might be too heavy for website)

If your videos are embedded only and are actually on other platforms, your site shouldnt have any issues.

So, the videos that are uploaded to patreon this way: image hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB - I would have to upload them to WordPress too (in post content)? There is no way to avoid uploading all of them to WordPress?

Thanks

Yes, it would have to be so and I would advise against doing that as you would have to serve the videos that you upload to your own website through your own means. Video hosting is expensive and problematic. Trying to embed the videos into your posts may be the better option.