Wordpress Post Sync - import not working

This would point to a potential problem with cron or connectivity issues at your WP site. You may debug cron using cron plugins if you know how to. Or you can ask your host about this. Your host may be blocking connections to Patreon.

Since there are other people experiencing the same, im going to look into adding a manual importer which will allow you to directly click to import next round of posts until they are all imported without requiring the cron. But this will likely go out in the next 7 days.

Until then you may try debugging your cron, or just wait. I recommend trying to look into whether cron works properly at your site and also asking your hos whether they have any security features that block Patreon though.

Thank you so much. I have no clue what cron is. I will do some investigating but will likely end up waiting the seven days. If I happen to figure this cron out before then I will let you know.
Thanks again,
Chantelle

Yes, just waiting would be easier.

But still, you can just contact your host about security measures and ask them whether they may be filtering Patreon.

In the meantime, you can visit ‘Patreon Settings’ menu’s ‘Health check’ submenu at your site, and copy/paste the log from there to the forum. There may be some clues there.

A tested and working state of manual post import is available:

You can deactivate/delete your existing Patreon WordPress and upload/activate the above package.

At the ‘Star a post import’ section of Patreon Settings, you can now manually import posts. When you start a post import, the section will transform into an ‘Ongoing post import’ state, allowing you to import the next batch of posts by clicking ‘Import next batch’ button which will appear. You can do this every 10 seconds.

The status messages will guide you through the import.

Here is the error message showing on my health check:

Response code: 401 Response :{“errors”:[{“code”:1,“code_name”:“Unauthorized”,“detail”:“The server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required.”,“id”:“6fa70f3a-b86a-4e45-a673-9fe025dfade1”,“status”:“401”,“title”:“Unauthorized”}]}

I have made some progress and some of my posts have imported. I can’t seem to get any more to import, but will keep trying. Thank you for all of your help so far.

How many of those errors do you have in your health check?

And how many of your posts have imported?

1.6.1 is out and it has manual post import feature tested and implemented. You can just upgrade from your WP admin and start using it.

I had loads but don’t have anymore. It only imported 5 despite no more errors. I just manually copy and paste my Patreon posts to my WordPress. But it has been automatically imported all new posts thankfully :slight_smile:it just seemed to have an issue with my old posts

Thank you so much for the rapid solution

This is indeed very weird. New posts come via webhook. So all webhooks are working and importing new posts, but the old posts which come through the same import mechanism do not work.

Is ‘update posts from Patreon’ setting on?

Contacting your host and asking them whether there is anything that prevents outgoing connections to Patreon may provide results.

It seems that your site is able to receive connections from Patreon to the site, but only occasionally contact Patreon from the site itself.

Version 1.6.1 has been just tested to work properly with Jetpack image CDN.