Not able to sync patreon to wordpress

Yesterday I was only able to “sync” one post to WP and the message at bottom of patreon settings page read “there is an ongoing post import”
Today I decided to manually import, since the sync option was not working, but the message still read “ongoing post import.”

Now the message I’m receiving reads “failed to get posts from patreon”

I did a health check and there was nothing wrong but the last 50 connection errors read:

get_posts - API v2 Class - UUID a322bb29-28d3-4156-9b91-c91285fe939d - Response code: 400 Response :{“errors”:[{“code”:3,“code_name”:“ParameterInvalid”,“detail”:“Invalid parameter for ‘page[cursor]’: Invalid or expired cursor.”,“id”:“a322bb29-28d3-4156-9b91-c91285fe939d”,“source”:{“parameter”:“page[cursor]”},“status”:“400”,“title”:“Invalid value for parameter ‘page[cursor]’.”}]}

WP 5.5.1 with PHP 7.2.25
Patreon WordPress 1.6.7 with API v2

Terribly frustrating

Try deactivating/deleting your existing Patreon WordPress and uploading/activating one and then trying manual import. You may need to click more than once in Import next batch to make it go forward:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c054rackogz5w2q/patreon-connect-cursor-fix.zip?dl=1

If you use github you can download it here:

I tried doing what you suggested several times and it’s still saying “failed to get posts from patreon”

I’ll give it another go… so weird that I was able to sync one post when first installed and now it’s not working at all.

We can try syncing your posts to a reference/fresh WP installation at Codebard managed servers and see if the situation improves.

If you wish to do so, try signing up without paying for the ‘Simple’ plan at the below upcoming Patreon compatible hosting service from Codebard via the domain ‘test5.codebard.com’ and letting me know via DM the email you signed up with. I will activate it manually without needing payment so we can see if the hosting infrastructure or your site plugins have anything to do with it.

I’ve just spent the last 7 hours trying everything possible to sync these posts with a plugin that’s supposedly compatible with my version of wordpress. I’m not really sure what you’re asking me to do?

Basically post sync works there on that server with a fresh WP installation.

And currently there isnt an automated way to distribute test hosting accounts to plugin users, so this method of manual signup and approval needs to be used to create a disposable hosting account where it can be tested whether your Patreon account can sync posts to a reference server/ WP installation. (You can use a disposable email while signing up and use fake address/name etc)

Ie, we will install the plugin in such a fresh WP installation and see if you can sync posts there.

Outside of that, there is nothing i can do from this side.

Hey! I’m still having issues with the manual import strategy because the syncing isn’t working. Wondering if there’s anything else you might suggest?

Importing private vimeo posts situation is yet to be resolved in the coming weeks.

1 Like

Is there any news on being able to import private videos? I’ve gone on to vimeo and even given permission for several private posts to be shared on my business web page and nothing is working. Currently looking for a different way to generate income for our offerings through a different host, but I figured I’d ask once more before making the move.

Not yet, but in the coming weeks.

Hello! I’m having a similar issue. After installing and setting up the plug-in it was importing posts. And then it stopped. I’ve deactivated, deleted and re-installed and all previous settings were there. I’ve also removed the connection details, created a new API 2 key and tried that and I’m still not getting the posts imported. Help!

Can you try starting another manual import.

I have tried that … Continuously getting the failed to import message

Can you contact your host and ask them whether Patreon’s ips or domain may be being filtered?