Plugin not importing new content

I installed the plug-in 4 days ago and imported all of my posts, but it will not automatically upload new posts. I tried reconnecting the site, creating a new API and adding the information. And the manual upload button started re-uploading past posts, that exist already and is otherwise stuck on “There is an ongoing post import”. Could you please advise me on how to proceed?

WP 6.1.1 with PHP 8.0.19
Patreon WordPress 1.8.5 with API v2
Patreon Button, Widgets and Plugin 2.1.6

These are the errors:
0.05 days ago

get_posts - API v2 Class - UUID 18ef46af-9083-522a-9ca0-a732c99f0597 - Response code: 400 Response :{“errors”:[{“code”:3,“code_name”:“ParameterInvalid”,“detail”:“Invalid parameter for ‘page[cursor]’: Invalid or expired cursor.”,“id”:“18ef46af-9083-522a-9ca0-a732c99f0597”,“source”:{“parameter”:“page[cursor]”},“status”:“400”,“title”:“Invalid value for parameter ‘page[cursor]’.”}]}

0.05 days ago

delete_client - API v2 Class - UUID 108aeabc-cce7-5e83-98f8-68959f687ce2 - Response code: 204 Response :

It looks like your post import has been stuck and it cannot continue. Can you start a manual import and keep clicking ‘Import next’ until it completes?

I did yesterday and it started uploading old and new alike, really messed up the post order

If it cant detect/link existing posts to Patreon posts, it can import them as new.

Thank you for your response, the problem with the sync of the new posts persists. I continue to click 100 times the import button, but the results differ from nothing to eventually something.

Yes, it may have stuck. There is a potential issue that will be looked into for the coming versions. At the moment, trying re-setting up the post sync from the settings menu may help sync new posts.

I did thank you, we will see

1 Like

I have used this plug-in for several years now. I keep it and my WordPress version up-to-date. Every now and then I reconnect it to my Patreon site. Once or twice, I’ve deleted the plug-in and reinstalled it.

Absolutely NEVER has this automatically imported patreon posts, despite saying

Start an import of your posts from Patreon if you haven’t done it before. After import of existing posts is complete, new posts will automatically be imported and existing posts automatically updated so you don’t need to do this again."

I will click “start an import” and a week or so later come back and click it again (because I post to my Patreon once or twice a week). It usually takes it hours. I’m not sure whether the plug-in is crosschecking against every single old post or what, although I did set the plug-in not to update old posts. (I do occasionally sit there and keep clicking it every five seconds if I’m also watching a movie or something.)

Is this Inability to import automatically true for all users of the plug-in across-the-board, is it going to be fixed, and/or is there a place I can look for logs to see if there’s some setting buried deep somewhere that I can change and make it Be actually and usefully automatic?

Thank you.

Automatically importing all posts works only if your site is able to receive the webhook posts that patreon.com sends to your site. If anything at your site/web host/server is filtering those as unrecognized security risks, it will never work. These security measures can be anything ranging from a security plugin like Wordfence to server-side security measures. You should make sure that nothing at your site is interfering with incoming requests from Patreon.

Thank you! I will look into the server settings.

Kir

1 Like