“You have no tiers in this campaign”

I have a message saying “You have no tiers in this campaign”. I have about 5 tiers, active for several years and refreshing with Ctrl + F5 doesn’t bring them in. I’m on chrome and I’ve tried an incognito window as well as the Opera browser.

Clicking the refresh button next to the tier select dropdown doesnt pull in your tiers then?

Didn’t see the refresh button before. When I click on it though the box goes blank and there are no drop down options, including the one that previously said I had no tiers.

Its likely that your website cant communicate with Patreon. You may need to delete the existing app at Patreon apps page…

Then go to ‘Patreon settings’ menu, click Connection details button, empty all fields which you can and then save.

After that, you should be able to connect your site to Patreon using the ‘Connect’ button which will appear.

I deleted the client from the Patreon side, cleared the data from the settings in the patreon addon, saved and then tried the connection wizard and got this error.

{“errors”:[{“code”:3,“code_name”:“ParameterInvalid”,“detail”:“Invalid parameter for ‘oauth_client_id’: 7800.”,“id”:“00fec170-92fd-4628-a56c-e1493df8bef4”,“source”:{“parameter”:“oauth_client_id”},“status”:“400”,“title”:“Invalid value for parameter ‘oauth_client_id’.”}]}

That error comes up when there is already an app for that particular website at Patreon.

You may have used the same redirect uri in more than one app - that would produce that error. You can check at register clients page if there is another app with the same redirect uri.

I checked the patreon client page again and saw that a new client was created. So I went back to the patreon settings and added the new client info in and the page said I was connected.

I tried again to setup tiers in the settings. I clicked the refresh button and it switched to loading and then it went blank again, just like before.

When I check the public view of a locked page I see this error again as mentioned on a previous page.

Warning : Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/vranimet/public_html/patron/wp-content/plugins/patreon-connect/classes/patreon_frontend.php on line 374

Definitely seems like I’m having trouble establishing communications between the plug-in and Patreon, but I’m not sure where or how to address it.

I only have one app (screenshot). I did see in researching all this that v1 of the API is the stable one and v2 is beta, but all most my previous testing was with v1 and when the client is auto created from the plugin its setting up v2.

This may address the issue:

Delete all apps that appear at Patreon apps page, and empty the connection details at your site again. Then, connect the site again. You must do this while you are logged into your creator account at Patreon.

WP plugin uses v2, along with other 4000 sites which use the WP plugin. No worries there.

Your talking about deleting the client right? That’s what I did in the last step. I only had one and I deleted it, just as you recommended earlier. Also I’ve been logged in through all the troubelshooting.

I went on and updated to the Pro version of the plugin to see if the additional options would help with the connection, but I’m still getting the same thing.

For the upgrade, I deactivated and deleted the Patreon Plugin. Then I downloaded and installed Patreon Plugin Pro. I went through the wizard to reinstall the base Plug-in and upgraded it from .4 to .5 In the Patreon settings it looks like it auto detected the previous settings.

So just to be sure there aren’t conflicts I removed the client from the apps page. Then removed everything from the plugin, saved and hit connect site again. This time I got the allow/deny prompt, which I didn’t get last time. Prob from redoing it so many times and it sticking into cache or whatnot.

The new client was created on Patreon and I confirmed the settings matched between the site and the plugin. I created a new post to check the tiers and when I clicked refresh, it blanked out again. I tried Ctrl+F5 to refresh the page and same thing. I even created a new tier, then Ctrl+F5’d and refreshed the slot, to see if that would jump start things with no luck.

Forgot the screenshots.

Starting fresh.

Blanked Tier Box.

Ok, this may be an error at the backed in your site. Can you check error logs? You may have to ask your web host.

In the error log of the health check I just get this over and over:
cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 5000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

I’m working with the support of my host and they’re asking what IP address and port the cURL request is attempting to connect to. Any ideas on what to provide them other than the authorization site in the plugin settings?

Any IP address or URL behind…

www . patreon . com
patreon . com

…domains/subdomains must be accessible by your installation. You can let your host know about that. These IPs, urls must always be accessible.

What about a port used specifically by the plug-in, if there is one set? That seems to be delaying things from moving forward with my site host.

Looks like they won’t help me any further without a specific hostname and port that the plugin is trying to use to communicate with the Patreon website. They said they need that to whitelist it on their server and say I should be able to get that from plugin dev.

*.patreon.com with ports 80 and 443 should do it.

I passed along that info and this is what I heard back from the developer.

All outbound traffic is already open on ports 80 and 443. I also looked into this by disabling the firewall completely on this server, but unfortunately, the “cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 5000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received” error still appears. I recommend reaching out to the developer of this plugin for further assistance as I’m not seeing anything on our end that’s blocking this.

I wanted to half split the problem between the plugin and the site, so I ran through the same setup with my GoDaddy site (main one is on nixihost) and I’m seeing the same issues there. I cleared my client list before connecting, went through the plugin connection wizard, clicked the tier refresh button and cache clear refreshed the page. I also get the same error on the wordpress login page when viewing through incognito.

So one of your sites is hosted at Godaddy - which package?

The other site is hosted at where?

Do these sites have any security plugin like Wordfence?

sent a reply via messaging so we can take the troubleshooting private from this point