API bug? Why is pledge history missing some pledge events? This is breaking my login system!

For my game I’m using pledge history to check the tier and dates of every pledge made by a patron and unlocking content based on this.

It’s working 99% of the time but occasionally a pledge is missing, a few Patrons who have paid this month have no pledge event.

For example this Patron has paid $20 on May 13th (according to relationship manager):

But the API is not showing this pledge at all (all other pledges are showing up correctly) so I’m really confused.

Also if I click on “see all payment history” it’s missing from there too, so the information on the Patreon website doesn’t even match up!

I’ve had this come up a few times, it seems like a bug or is there an explanation?

[quote=“CozmikDebris, post:1, topic:4475, full:true”]Also if I click on “see all payment history” it’s missing from there too, so the information on the Patreon website doesn’t even match up!

I’ve had this come up a few times, it seems like a bug or is there an explanation?
[/quote]

Yes, could be. At patreon.com, not the api probably. You should open a ticket at Patreon with this information.

I did already and heard back from them today, apparently they looked into it and it’s a bug so they’ve sent my report to the engineers. Hoping it gets fixed soon.

1 Like