Critical error when I try to use the wizzard

hi! I am getting “There has been a critical error on your website.”

when I try to use the wizard.

the site works fine but I just can’t make the plugin work

At which setup wizard stage you encounter this error? When you first start the setup? Or in another stage?

just after click on “allow”

Are pretty permalinks turned on in your WP site’s settings -> Permalinks section? Anything other than ?p=9393 format links is pretty permalinks.

https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-permalinks/

yes, they are on using “post name” settings

This is pretty odd. Can you contact your host and ask them to check error logs about any relevant errors? If your host has a control panel, you can also view them from there.

HI! they found these errors in the log.

[03-Mar-2020 18:31:57 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function jupiterx_compiler_add_fragment() in /home/brushbro/public_html/wp-content/themes/jupiterx-child/functions.php:15
Stack trace:
#0 /home/brushbro/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): jupiterx_child_enqueue_scripts('')
#1 /home/brushbro/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(312): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#2 /home/brushbro/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#3 /home/brushbro/public_html/wp-includes/script-loader.php(2670): do_action('wp_enqueue_scri...')
#4 /home/brushbro/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): wp_enqueue_scripts('')
#5 /home/brushbro/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(312): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#6 /home/brushbro/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#7 /home/brushbro/public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php(2879): do_action('wp_head')
#8 /home/brushbro/public_html/wp-content/themes/jupiterx/lib/templates/structure/header.php(27): wp_h in /home/brushbro/public_html/wp-content/themes/jupiterx-

What seems to be the Jupiter theme in your site is causing this error by invoking jupiterx_compiler_add_fragment function which is not found in your child theme. Its likely not being loaded at that point. You can try copy/pasting this function from Jupiter parent theme to your child theme’s functions.php and see.

Or alternatively you can disable Jupiter theme and run setup wizard with default WP theme. Then you can switch back.

However Jupiter theme may still cause this error for patrons when they log into your site via Patreon, so you must test it with a patron account as well.