WordPress plugin error

Hi

I tried to get the WP plugin going but it keeps giving me this error. I deleted the plugin and downloaded it and then uploaded it but still am getting the same error.

Thanks

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Patreon_API::create_refresh_client() in /home2/mql9ji8l/public_html/wp-content/plugins/patreon-connect/classes/patreon_routing.php:329 Stack trace: #0 /home2/mql9ji8l/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): Patreon_Routing->parse_request(Object(WP)) #1 /home2/mql9ji8l/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(312): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /home2/mql9ji8l/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(544): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home2/mql9ji8l/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp.php(387): do_action_ref_array('parse_request', Array) #4 /home2/mql9ji8l/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp.php(729): WP->parse_request('') #5 /home2/mql9ji8l/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php(1255): WP->main('') #6 /home2/mql9ji8l/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(16): wp() #7 /home2/mql9ji8l/public_html/index.php(17): require('/home2/mql9ji8l...') #8 {main} thrown in /home2/mql9ji8l/public_html/wp-content/plugins/patreon-connect/classes/patreon_routing.php on line 329

There has been a critical error on your website.

Have you installed the plugin before, like a year ago or a similar duration?

There is a fix in the below branch, if you can download and use github.

Youll have to delete your existing plugin and upload the zip downloaded from above.

I tried to upload an installable package to dropbox, but its timing out on their end. Ill try tomorrow again.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. No, I created an account only last week on Patreon & last week itself I tried installing the plugin. Incidentally, I have another website and there, the plugin worked great. It is only on this website that this error is coming up. I deleted the WP plugin and downloaded it again in zip file and uploaded (not from GitHub) but from your WP Plugin site. But it still gives the same error. Thanks.

but from your WP Plugin site

Which particular site?

In any case, 1.5.3 is out with a fix for this particular issue and similar issues.

Just upgrade to 1.5.3 from your WP admin, and you can retry connecting/reconnecting your site again.

Hi

Thanks. Will do that and get back.

Hi. Ok I used the new version of the WP Plugin but now it gives this error, " Sorry - to connect your site to Patreon you need to be an admin user." I am the Admin for my Site. Can you let me know what this is? Thanks

Now this is somewhat informative - are you using WP multisite?

The plugin checks for ā€˜manage_optionsā€™ privilege. If this privilege does not exist for that particular account, it does not allow site connection.

Hi. Yes, I am using WP Multisite and I have only one site there. So what should be my next move? I am also the admin for multisite as well as that 1 site. Thanks

Can you try connecting your site using the Network admin instead of that siteā€™s admin?

Or, vice versa? If you were using Network admin, try using the siteā€™s admin to connect that particular site.

Note that you cannot connect entire master network to Patreon. Each site must be connected separately.

Hi, Okay it worked! I am now connected. Thank you very much for your time & patience.

1 Like

Great to hear. Good luck with your patrons.

Hello! I updated the Patreon plugin today and set the settings to import posts. Then I went and did something else. When I came back, it had thrown a fatal error, and my site was down showing a critical error. I was able to disable the plugin. Iā€™m not sure what kind of other info you might need from me too debug, so I thought I would just post this here and see if we can figure out whatā€™s going on. lmk if you want/need a list of other plugins? Maybe some sort of conflict that youā€™re already aware ofā€¦

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
WordPress version 5.4.2
Current theme: Hestia Pro (version 3.0.1)
Current plugin: Patreon Wordpress (version 1.5.7)
PHP version 7.1.1

Hereā€™s the log:

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 2728 of the file /wp-content/plugins/patreon-connect/classes/patreon_wordpress.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Patreon_API::add_post_webhook() in wp-content/plugins/patreon-connect/classes/patreon_wordpress.php:2728
Stack trace:
#0 /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): Patreon_Wordpress->check_post_sync_webhook(ā€™ā€™)
#1 /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#2 /wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#3 /wp-settings.php(540): do_action(ā€˜initā€™)
#4 /wp-config.php(89): require_once(ā€™/**ā€¦ā€™)
#5 /sl.re

Did you see a warning saying that if you turn on post sync while using api v1, you may get errors? It should have appeared with this release.

In any case, when you upgrade your installation to v2, it will go away and post sync will also work:

1 Like

I am receiving the error of the above user but am not able to connect my site

i get the
Sorry - to connect your site to Patreon you need to be an admin user.

error even with a newly created Admin user on the specific site. I also get it with the super admin user for multi-site

Ill be looking into multisite compatibility this week.

Thank you so much for your support and response

1 Like

Hi, my website showing ā€œThere has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.ā€ When I go to the post sync it showing me this errorā€¦

You can contact your web host and ask them to tell you what is the exact error that appears in your siteā€™s logs. If you know how to do that, you can do it yourself from your siteā€™s control panel at your host.