Getting PHP Fatal error β€” "Call to undefined method Patreon_API::delete_client()"

Whenever I click on the confirm reconnection or the disconnect site button in the plug-in settings page, I get this Wordpress error page.

WordPress_%E2%80%BA_Error|690x134

The error log shows this:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Patreon_API::delete_client() in /var/web/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/patreon-connect/classes/patreon_wordpress.php:1850

PHP Stacktrace:
/var/web/site/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): Patreon_Wordpress->order_independent_actions_to_run_on_init_start(β€˜β€™)
/var/web/site/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
/var/web/site/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
/var/web/site/public_html/wp-settings.php(525): do_action(β€˜init’)
/var/web/site/public_html/wp-config.php(95): require_once(β€˜/var/web/site/p…’)
/var/web/site/public_html/wp-load.php(37): require_once(β€˜/var/web/site/p…’)
/var/web/site/public_html/wp-admin/admin.php(34): require_once(β€˜/var/web/site/p…’)
{main} thrown in /var/web/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/patreon-connect/classes/patreon_wordpress.php on line 1777

Does anyone have any insight or advice on how I can resolve this issue?

Not sure if this bit of info helps I am having the issue with two cloned copies of the same site, one on an Apache server and another NGINX. They generated the same errors.

Since your site was apparently set up before the release of setup wizard and these features, there is this complication when you use disconnect/reconnect feature. That requires api v2, whereas your site is v1.

Your site is marked as v1, therefore it is not loading the v2 features. Hence the error.

Im already hatching a temporary solution for this, and this would be permanently fixed when there is a refresh/upgrade feature is available at the API.

You can wait for the solution to be published today or tomorrow, or you can manually delete the existing v1 client you have in apps page at Patreon or refresh it, then copy/paste the details to your plugin settings.

I prepared a new package with a modification that fixes this issue. Tested in a live installation, seems to work well. In a few days it will be likely published.

To use it, you can download the above zip. Then delete the existing Patreon Wordpress. Upload and activate this one.

Then you should be able to reconnect or delete.

When the new version is published you will be able to update normally and not lose your settings.

1 Like

Has the new package which was provided yesterday solve your issue?

1 Like

Thank you so much for the updated plug-in package.

It did fix the prior issue. Now when I click on Confirm reconnection, I do get the connection wizard and am able to successfully connect to Patreon.

However, if I were to click Confirm reconnection a second time, I am shown this error…

{"errors":[{"code":3,"code_name":"ParameterInvalid","detail":"Invalid parameter for 'oauth_client_id': 7800.","id":"260875db-41ac-4a53-b3d0-648383db8fbb","source":{"parameter":"oauth_client_id"},"status":"400","title":"Invalid value for parameter 'oauth_client_id'."}]}

Deleting the API from Patreon.com and then re-running the connection wizard in the Wordpress plug-in seems to resolve the issue.

Yeah, you didnt need to do it again.

But, here is another package for that, fresh:

This should address that problem too. Just try reconnecting or deleting.

However if the app details saved in your site were lost, then you may need to manually delete the app at register-clients page. Likely you wont need to do it.

The fix for this is out now as 1.3.6. You can just upgrade from your admin.